jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Angry at Google

1. Jule Romans profile image87
    Jule Romansposted 5 years ago

Okay, I read all about "panda." I calmed down and waited. I adjusted my approach. I even gave up on the idea of making money completely for awhile. I'm letting it ride for a bit. I lost my enthusiasm for writing and turned to other things.

None of that made me angry. Disappointed, maybe, but not angry. I actually hoped that over time, the quality of writing everywhere would be improved.

What makes me ANGRY now?

Search results from google are worse, not better. I cannot find useful, verifiable information. Top results are poorly written marketing schemes.

That's an improvement???

Bing, here I come.

1. bgamall profile image85
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you have good content here make an ebook at Smashwords with it. I did. I had Sandy Mertens from here on Hubpages help but if you have money issues you can learn how to format as they give you all the info. 

This is why people should publish at Hubpages, to take serious content to ebook form. Google eliminated the average Joe in search. But ebooks from Smashwords are accepted in ebook stores all over the world. Google can't touch you there.

Search is worse because Google wants moneyed players to make more money.

I said that at the Warrior forum and even though I am a paid member, they deleted that particular post. Everyone fears Google.

2. Jule Romans profile image87
    Jule Romansposted 5 years ago

I might do that. I am not so much angry at Google as a writer. Now I am angry at Google as a reader. It delivers LESS valuable content than before. I can't find what I want without wading through a bunch of marketing crap.

3. Cheeky Girl profile image85
    Cheeky Girlposted 5 years ago

The world has too much reliance on just one system powered and policed by one company, which is Google. When it gets to the point where people are afraid to even mention Google in case they get punished for it, we know we have arrived at a near-facist outcome.

I don't believe that to be the case, but I am seeing a hell of a lot of ads everywhere advertising Google Adsense. There is a big change happening on the web right now, and it's worth remembering that there are other choices open to us. Just like there are other search engines too....