jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Any Feedback Welcome

1. elfishflea profile image83
    elfishfleaposted 5 years ago

Hey All,

Just joined up a little over a week ago, and have a few hubs up. None of them are real "show-stopper" topics�just things that I've studied, found interesting, and written on. They're somewhat long articles...I'm not sure how okay that is. Also, figuring out how to neatly put in my sources and footnotes has been tricky.

I'd appreciate any advise you could provide.

Thanks so much!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I took a quick look at the hub for which I have posted a link below. It is an impressive piece of work, both graphically, conceptually, and textually.

Some of your paragraphs are much too long, and should be broken into two or three. You may consider subheadings and double paragraphs to sub-divide longer hubs. As for your fine references, clicking on them did not produce any effect; maybe you should doublecheck. Unless you are linking to places outside of the hub, I am not sure why you must have live hyperlinks; but if you can get them to work, they are an impressive feature.

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Brief-Glance- … s-Oratorio

elfishfleaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the tips. My long paragraphs look even longer when I place pictures next to them. Ha! I'll work on editing some of those over the next couple of days.

The footnote links or odd. I copied and pasted from Word, and they just showed up automatically, but I haven't been able to get the to work right. I'll see what I can do.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Glad to help. HubPages does not give much support for HTML, so it may be difficult. This hub may give some pointers:

http://hubpages.com/hub/tableofcontents

Great! I'm excited. I think I just got them to work on my John Donne hub.

Thanks for the link. I'm feeling smart as all my html is starting to come back to me. It's been a while.

3. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

Just sent you an email.

Thanks for the email. The link you sent was helpful and encouraging.

working