I am confused about why my new hub got a higher score than 50.

1. hotwebideas profile image82
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

If anyone can explain this, I would be grateful. I just published my 9th hub and almost all of my hubs start off with 50.

My newest hub got a score of 52 just ten seconds after I published it. I was under the impression that everyone's hubs start out at 50, but I was obviously wrong.

I know most people complain about their hubscores dropping and I am not complaining about a higher starting score, but am curious about this. Was it the subject matter?

Likewise, I have a hub that was about helping newbies and that dropped to 49 which I also find weird.

If anyone can explain the higher starting hubscore, I would appreciate it.

Thanks. I am new here, so nice to meet you all.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I see that it's gone down to 51 now. Did you save it as unpublished or work on it for awhile? Even if you've saved a hub but haven't published it, it will slowly increase in score (even if it's blank with just a title).

Also, if you'd gone in and out of the hub, the fact you'd viewed it may have increased the score, since your views count too.

Really, it's completely random based on a lot of things.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Recently I published 'The Lumberjack' a poem. It did not take long to edit and post pictures. Within Half hour of starting I published, did not save it or anything. As soon as I published I noticed the score a 52. Was it a fluke? The score never went down.