jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

How do I create valuable keywords for my hubs?

1. hotwebideas profile image81
    hotwebideasposted 5 years ago

I see a lot of suggestions about adding keywords to your hubs.

Where do you create the keywords and are they the same as tags?

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
      6hotfingers3posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Key words are tags. Look at the Google keyword tool. think about the topic you are writing about. How would you look up the subject, then use those  words in your tags. Make sure your key  words are incorporated in the body of your Hub.  You can also use phrases that are related to the hub in your tag list. Be creative and think of how you would look up your subject and use those words as leading words in subtopics. Also use key words in the first sentence of a paragraph, if possible.

hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, 6hotfingers3. I was just curious where to enter them on hubpages.

2. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have to ask this question....

Why does someone who claims in their bio to have created 300 websites for his clients and is writing about websites not know about keywords????

Are you for real hotwebideas????

Leanman, you're a funny person, but you are misunderstanding. lol

See WryLilt's reply below. He understood exactly what I meant.

3. hotwebideas profile image81

Everyone, Thanks for the responses, but I was not asking what keywords are. I know about them from Google. I was simply asking where I can enter keywords into my hubs.

I do not see a place to enter keywords in my hubs, but I see a place for tags, so I was curious if they are the same thing here.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The best place to put your keywords are in the URL, the title and in the tags. You can also lightly scatter them throughout your subtitles and/or text.

Thank you very much, WryLilt. That's exactly what I needed to know.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Tags are based on keywords, preferably. However keywords are not tags.

A keyword is, simply, any word or phrase that brings you traffic from search engines.

You can be reactive and wait for Google to send you searches OR you can be proactive and find good keywords that you can easily rank in the first page of Google for.

Sometimes it can be as simple as changing "boys clothing" into "boys outfits" other times it's more complicated.

You can use Google's free keyword tool (Google it) and find out what terms people are searching, how many hits a month they get. Sign up for an adwords account (also free, and done with a few clicks) and you can also find the average pay rate for different keywords from Adsense.

There are also programs you can pay for that pull the information from Google as well as assess your competitors and find out how hard you have to work for a keyword. The two I've got are Market Samurai and Micro Niche Finder. They cost $100 each so it's best to wait till you have some idea of what you're doing and are earning some money before investing in them.

3. salt profile image64
    saltposted 5 years ago

Wrylit, you do help alot of people. (applause here.)

working