jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Ehow Junk Copies Coming Onto HP

1. jasoncox83 profile image79
    jasoncox83posted 5 years ago

Since the Ehow shutdown, and firing of massive amounts of writers, not to mention deleting a good chunk of it's content it appears we are now getting the junk. My suggestion is to simply not only check if an article is copied via indexing, but having it check the Google Cache also.

Manpower or not HP needs more editors now not later, you all must also consider what the low quality will end up doing to our SERP Ratings with more and more low quality crap being published.

I am seeing more and more people who are moving their low quality short articles here. Like the guy I flagged earlier had out of his last 6 hubs the longest was 250 words give or take. With titles like "How To Smile" and "How To Become An Individual" Seriously it's crap, low quality which demeans real writers. This stuff needs to come off or those of us who are serious writers, that do it for a living will continue moving on.

After the panda update many of the experienced writers have decided to move on. Those of us who remain, won't be around long if the quality continues to decline on HP.

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Went and looked after you said, and you are right, these might be OK for ehow but way too low quality for here.
      What is the story with ehow anyway?

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought a lot of people were taking the payout. Guess not.

2. jasoncox83 profile image79
        jasoncox83posted 5 years ago in reply to this

However I am not an Ehow writer, as I refuse to have my name tied to that place. My understanding is some are being offered payouts for articles that they want to keep, others are getting nothing. It is on an article by article basis. In the end a very large portion of Ehow's content will be getting deleted, although I do not remember what date was mentioned. Sorry an Ehow writer would be best suited to answer your question more in depth.

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Google picks up articles under 3-400 words. So maybe it won't hurt.