jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

"This hub is about [topic]" Warning

1. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I think that the warning that has been placed on hubs in saturated topics needs to be corrected in some way. It's written in a way that is pointless and causes fear among writers with no cause to worry.

I've seen several posts lately from people who have warnings on their hubs such as:

CONTENT WARNING: This Hub appears to be about multi-level marketing (forex, web hosting, weight loss etc)

A warning is a scary thing to get on a hub. Especially if you're a good writer that's never gotten one before.

Many people take it to mean that they're in imminent danger of having their hub unpublished OR believe the warning to mean that the topic is now banned.

Can't we have something a little less ambiguous?

2. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I am in full agreement with you on this one.
    I know they say that if Your article is of exceptional quality and not having affiliate links that it should be ok.
    THAT is not a real answer. That is a "wait-n-see-if-we-unpublish-or-not...either a day, week, month or longer!"

Another hubber posted in a forum that she got this warning and went back to check her hub. Made some edits to try to "Prevent" the hub from becoming unpublished and then...it was unpublished!

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's quite confusing. For instance I have the "this is a hub about MLM" warning. Yet my hub is an objective view on Amway, mainly telling people why it's not a good group to join!

3. brianlokker profile image89
    brianlokkerposted 5 years ago

Yes, I agree that a more meaningful warning would be helpful. I received one of these warnings on a hub, and at the time I had no idea that it was an "over-saturated topic." The message just warned me that my hub appeared to be about ... what it was about! Maybe a list should be posted somewhere of the topics that will trigger the warning?