jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Can i write hubs on prescription drugs and their side effects

1. njmanura profile image88
    njmanuraposted 5 years ago

I am a medical doctor and is it ok to write about prescription drugs and side effects. I have seen in your FAQ, that there are some issues regarding writing about prescription drugs. What are the guidelines do i have to follow regarding this issue.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As mentioned in the FAQ, it would be best to write the hub then contact the team before publishing it.

1. SunSeven profile image63
        SunSevenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The following hubs were published a long ago. Please have a look and advise if they are still compliant. smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Horrifying-Real … r-Children

http://hubpages.com/hub/Incredible-Horr … tric-Drugs

http://hubpages.com/hub/Shocking-Facts- … Medication

Warm Regards

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not a staff member so can't advise on whether the hubs fully apply with the rules.

However I'm surprised that the first hub still has Adsense; I've seen quite a few suicide related hubs have Adsense turned off.

Also, you may want to remove some of the links from the second and third hub - with the recent crackdown on unrelated hubs you may have those ones unpublished at some time in the future.

2. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello:

You can write just about anything here on hubpages, unless it's content is inappropriate in some way, such as adult type content. Medical writing and particularly articles written on prescription topics and other health articles are more than welcomed here. Within the past four months, I have written a couple of articles to do with prescription drugs. Good luck to you and happy writing.

Jlbowden

3. vocalcoach profile image95
      vocalcoachposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I recently wrote about an antibiotic that gave me C-diff to warn others about the nasty side affects. It appears to be ok.

2. Joy56 profile image59
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

could you write an article about long term of effects of prozac please, i have a friend who wants to know all about it.

3. njmanura profile image88

Thanks for the replies,
    But the thing is i am not promoting any drug through my hubs, i am just stating their intended use and side effects. With your advice i have removed links to my blogs.
    Anyway thanks for the input

1. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In addition to my last post, if your articles do not promote a drug in any way, than it should not be any problem, in having it published here. Content that is overly promotional in nature will be scrutinized, the hubpages team will always have the last say when it comes to this. Also if your not completely sure, you can send the hubpages team an email for more feedback.

Jl

4. njmanura profile image88

Joy56
    I have written an article about prozac in the helium.com, but i may not be able to post a link to it, due to forum rules, anyway go to my profile page and click on the helium.com and use the search feature in their website.

working