Anyone Seen Camlo About Lately.

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

I know i have not been around much myself, but the forums dont seem the same without Camlo, anyone seen or heard from him lately?

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 12 years ago

I dont know about camlo. But too many people, who made forums lively, have left. sad

2. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

I just cant see him leaving, he maybe on holiday, after his exams.

CAMLO WHERE ARE YOU.......

3. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 12 years ago

He's still around in other places so I think he's just not spending as much time on Hubpages.

4. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

oh no that's bad..... COME BACK CAMLO

5. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

#

did he sneak into the forums while i was away????

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine leaving now that I'm here. I'm not only addicted to Hubpages but the Forums too.

Maybe Camlo is sick try contacting him through his profile page.

6. camlo profile image86
      camloposted 12 years ago

Hi - no, I'm not sick ... just really busy. It's the tourist season here, and I'm working 15 to 18 hours a day. As Wry says, I'm also active elsewhere on the Internet, but only about 5 minutes a day. Anyway, really nice to know somebody is thinking about me. smile

BTW, I also hope to be doing a podcast for HP soon, and will do it just as soon as I can.

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Camlo, nice to meet you!!

1. camlo profile image86
          camloposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You too, Cardisa! smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice to see you camlo. we were missing you around here. smile

1. camlo profile image86

Thanks, Rebekah. smile Always good to see you, too.

7. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

Hi Camlo ...... hey a podcast .....  Nice to hear you are busy, i want a job, i am sick of having no money, it is no fun......

Do not work toooooooo hard......

1. camlo profile image86

I tried to do the Podcast last night, but it wasn't right. I also tried a couple of weeks ago. I'm actually good at reading aloud, but I seem to get tongue-tied when reading my own work. I'll give it another try tonight.
        Why don't you go to an employment agency? That's what I did, and it led to my present job.

1. Aficionada profile image78
          Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're trying again.  You have a fantastic voice, and you are a fantastic writer!

1. camlo profile image86

I'm only working part-time tomorrow (about 10 hours), so I'll be home for the evening, and will try the podcast yet again ...

You know, when I'm reading the story, I seem to ask myself if anyone will really care to listen to this drivel and read faster and faster until I start tripping over the words - it's as though I want to get it over and done with. Just a kind of attitude problem, I suppose.  It's also difficult because of all the dialogue, with mostly women doing the speaking.

Thanks for those truly fantastic compliments. I will keep them in mind when trying again tomorrow. You've boosted my confidence. smile

1. Aficionada profile image78
              Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope you have some kind of recording software that will allow you to stop/pause when you feel like rushing through the reading - or to cut and paste, if necessary. 

Website Examiner has some great tips on recording; one very practical one is to keep a glass of water handy.  When you need to slow down, take a few sips of water and a few deep breaths, then you may be able to get back to it more calmly.

I have loved all of your short stories, and I hope I'll be paying attention when you publish some more!

1. camlo profile image86

Sounds like a good tip with the glass of water. Probably better than a cup of tea and a cigarette ... I smoked A Lot on my last attempts - the frustration ...

I'm using the same software I use when I record a song, which is by Magix. I can also set it up for a speaker rather than a singer and alter the acoustics.

I'm doing so much at the moment, and don't know when I'll be able to fit in writing another story. I'd planned to write one a few weeks ago, but was bombarded with work. I'm also trying to start up my own website, and have re-vamped a couple of my Hubs and moved them somewhere else. When I do manage to write one (I've got a sequel to 'Julie James Fills Her Pockets' worked out), I'll certainly let you know.

Your messages here are really up-lifting. Thank you for the great inspiration!

8. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years ago

He was lost but now he is found lol
      Hi Camlo smilesmile

1. camlo profile image86

Nice to see you, Sofs! Yes, Joy found me. smile

9. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Hi camlo, it's good to hear you're alive and well these days, as hubpages isn't the same without you around. smile

1. camlo profile image86

Ah - thank you, Steven. :-)

10. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

he'S literally too busy for words, but he will be back with some more short stories i hope;

11. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

I need to do something....... There is like no work here at all, it is scary..........  I am going to try to study, or volunteer.... My age is going against me now, as all these young ones are getting into the job market.  Every day someone loses there job, and some other place closes down.  I am knitting can you believe it.  Loving it, but it is time consuming.....  Are you lost again.

1. camlo profile image86

I was wondering about your new profile image. A scarf?

I'm lucky that people think I'm in my early thirties, but I have known potential employers to change their mind about me when they discover my real age. It's silly - they get what they see and not some figure on a piece of paper.

Yes, I know you're in Ireland, and I've heard things are pretty hard there at the moment. One of the best things to do, I've found, is to look into working in the catering or tourism industry - I actually do both. You could also study with the Open University - I did and it was actually great fun. But being a foreign student, I had to pay the full cost.

Yes - looks like you found me again. smile

12. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

well the knitting looks like a scarf i suppose....

i am pretty obsessive, and i was card making and my house was full of craft stuff.  Now i am knitting and i have every colour of wool going. I made a baby shawl in two days which believe me is no mean feat.

I think you are similar age to me, but you look younger, you probably had no kids..... I could be your female characters, but dont know how to read it out. 

I have been writing short stories in my head all the time lately.

I got a phone call from someone who knows i love salad, telling me not to buy cucumbers from lidle, as they were killing people in germany.......

Since then i have wanted to write a short story, about a person on the edge living in a cucumber free zone.

Did you know all the toys that we used to have, like Tiny Tears doll etc, are now called Retro, or vintage, and pretty damn expensive. 

Still  think we have a future together, in the writing department, i can see through your characters, easily.........

You are popular on here what!!!!!!  I found you first ha ha big_smile

1. camlo profile image86

I thought it could be a scarf rather than a tea-cosy owing to the long, oblong shape. So, what are you planning it to be(come)? Maybe you could sell your crafts on the Internet. Baby shawls hand-knitted in Ireland could be a pretty good product to work on, especially because you're so productive. I'm pretty sure people would be prepared to pay quite a lot for something like that - it's the exclusive quality that does it.

You know, I always write my short stories first in my head. I even think up the phrasing etc. before anything ever hits paper. The only thing I never know before actually writing is the ending, but it somehow all clicks into place while writing, and the ending takes care of itself.

Cucumbers are fascinating (although I hate the taste). Do you remember the Bananaism thread. It was then that I introduced Cucumberism. You also know my story 'Dolly'? Dolly liked cucumbers very much ... But yes, your friend is right, there's a virus here called IHEC. They believe it originates from Spanish produce, in particularly cucumbers and tomatoes, and it can be lethal. So, we're all avoiding salad and vegetables in Germany. The illness, basically, begins with stomach cramps, leads to kidney failure, and is treated by blood transfusion.

Age is just a number and the higher it gets, the less I can identify with it. I have managed to look much, much younger than I am - I take after my biological mother who never aged after the age of 29, who I last saw when she was 44.

I had an Action Man, but do remember Tiny Tears, although I'd forgotten until you just mentioned her. I must say, though, I wasn't much into toys. I prefered playing with cardboard boxes - so much you can do with them. As of about nine, I was into music and my transistor radio, which I'd keep taking apart and re-building. I'd also listen to Radio Luxemburg under my pillow until one in the morning - I knew the charts inside out (but not my times-tables). That was the time of The Sweet, Slade, The Osmonds, Gary Glitter etc. smile

Writing - I've been playing around with that for just a few years. Not sure if I'll ever make it as a 'real' writer, but it's fun. Jackie Collins says there's room for everyone, so who knows?

Actually, I'm really, really flattered by this thread - and to think I almost missed it. Thanks for starting it, Brenda. smile

13. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Hi guys how is everyone? what are you doing a podcast for Camlo? I just got back from Thailand, anybody seen IzzyM lately?

1. camlo profile image86

Wow, Richie! I thought you'd only be travelling around the UK, and was a little disappointed (expecting more). So, you got to Thailand. Are you back at home in Wales? Or are you continuing your travels?

The podcast ... that's what I should be doing right now ... It's for HubPages' 'Fascinating Fiction'. You should take a look (and listen). There are some great stories being recorded, read by our friends Simone and WE to date. I've offered to record my story 'Julie James Fills Her Own Pockets'. Apart from other problems I'm having (like taking my own work seriously), my British accent is a little wonky not having lived in the UK for the past 23 years, and the story is very British.

I haven't had much time for the Internet recently, but am sure I've seen Izzy around quite a bit.

14. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

why wouldn't i start it, you can never leave us.  You are such an interesting guy, brilliant job, kind hearted, good writer.  KEEP AT THOSE SHORT STORIES.

glad you found the thread........  we can find each other with this thread, and others can join in too.

Yes i am thinking of selling my work on line......  I have a friend that is setting up a web site so i will put some things ons there.  hugs.

1. camlo profile image86

Yes, it would be good if others joined in.

Hope your friend is good at selling your stuff. You should also do some articles on your work and link to your friends site. Maybe you could sell on Amazon and Ebay, too.

1. Joy56 profile image66
          Joy56posted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah cool that is a good idea, i am like a little factory, churning out knitted goods, like this no tomorrow.  Would you like a knitted hat.....

1. camlo profile image86

Hope you're churning stuff out. Knitted hats don't look too good on me (my ears are too large for them - a discovery I made when I tried one on. But I'd love to send you an order for something else when you're in business. I'll be needing something warm for the school ship in the winter.

1. Joy56 profile image66

o,k, whenever you decide what you want i will get out the knitting needles.  I found the doll i had as a child it looks cool in it's new knitted pink dress..... how sad am I????

15. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years ago

I haven't been here for awhile so I didn't know they were missing. Everytime I leave and then comeback someone is always gone. sad Let me know if you find them. smile

1. camlo profile image86

I'm hardly ever here of late, so I'm not noticing much at all. I think, for most of those who have decided to go, it's a result of the Panda thing.

16. Joy56 profile image66
      Joy56posted 12 years ago

oh yes i found Camlo, i have a bit a crush on him, but please dont tell him.

1. camlo profile image86

Ha ha ... No, nobody told me. Not quite sure what to say ... :-)

1. Joy56 profile image66

you were not supposed to read that, it is secret

17. imatellmuva profile image76
      imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

I saw this post, and was immediately up in arms! Camlo was one of the first to welcome me to HubPages...it was so heartfelt...I haven't forgotten!!!!

Glad to hear (read) that all is well with you! Obviously you're a Big Star in the HubPages Community...shine on Camlo...shine on!!!!

1. camlo profile image86

There are some very big HubPages stars, Imatellmuva, but I'm not one of them. :-)

I don't seem to get here as much as I used to, but great to see you're still here.

18. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Hey Camlo, long time no see.  It's good to see that your still with us, as I know hubpages would never be the same without you.  smile Anyways, I hope all is well with you.

1. camlo profile image86

Ah, thanks Steven! Good to see you, too. I'm doing so much at the moment, I just don't seem to get here. Work is also pretty heavy - I did 340 hours in the last month, plus all my other free time activities. Anyway, too much work is better than none at all - I always say. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)