jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Isn't there a miimum length for hubs?

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image50
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

I've just "read" one at 110 words - INCLUDING the subtitle.  No pics, just one text paragraph and a comments box.

If hubpages are really serious about trying to have good content on here shouldn't there be some kind of minimum?  Or do I just sound grouchy?  I realise not everyone will want hubs the same length as me but that hub currently scores 62, which is ludicrous!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

62 is a pretty low score, and the lower threshold for hub length is 250 words if I remember correctly. Flag the hub as substandard, and team will review it.

3. William F. Torpey profile image82
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

Of my 137 hubs, 56 have scores of 62 or lower. Maybe I should give up writing and run for vice president?

1. Marina Rosa profile image59
      Marina Rosaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Marina is ROLF! - OOPS - that should be: ROFL!

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL William, you had me going to my account page and checking my hubs' scores. The lowest one is 66, all the rest are 75 and higher... I might be spoiled then, IDK. Either way it does not change the fact that 100+ words hub is substandard smile

Oh, and I don't mind you running for vice president - I bet it would be way better choice than the current ones big_smile

5. Shadesbreath profile image86
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

I saw one a couple of days ago that said only:  "Sup guys" or something very close to that.  Nothing else.  I lol'ed.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image82
      Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago in reply to this

A literary Bohemian, perhaps?  Present day Beatnik?  Minimalist writer?

6. The Mother Load! profile image77
    The Mother Load!posted 8 years ago

Why are we taking the time to actually 'count' other writers words? 

I never thought about actually counting my words, just trying to achieve quality content--isn't that the goal? 

If there is a minimum, please let me know, I am new to this, only 2 hubs, and I certainly don't want to be flagged so soon in my hubbing hobby.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your hubs and you have nothing to worry about.

Hubs are meant to be full articles, not single paragraphs. I've heard that 250 to 300 words is the minumum you should write.

1. The Mother Load! profile image77
        The Mother Load!posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for checking out my hubs, I am REALLY new to this, I've never even written a blog before, so I really have no reference point. 

I appreciate your comment.

7. Shirley Anderson profile image82
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Blog length or longer.

working