jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

i fixed a problem "duplicate" by deleting the initial hub

1. Lucky Cats profile image81
    Lucky Catsposted 5 years ago

What's up with the mechanics of HubPages?  It took NO TIME for your computer to recognize that I had (mistakenly..not maliciously but...it certainly DOES NOT feel that way right now by the way this is being handled!!!!!)...

Anyway, I FIXED it!  I DELETED the first hub because I had placed it in a 'comment' capsule because it was the first one I'd done &, I admit, I didn't "get" how it worked...

Now, I have fixed the problem; it's been 3 or 4 days and many emails, several phone calls, etc....to HubPages to allow the correct posting of this hub as a hub!

How come it takes NO TIME to strike an article but WAY TOO MUCH TIME to recognize that the supposed 'problem' has been corrected by the hubber??? HUH!?

Give us the same respect and time frame you expect us to adhere to. 

Publish the hub "I didn't wake  you up to say goodbye"

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Lucky Cats, they should publish that hub soon so that the number of your hubs will be 67 not 66. This is just me, but I believe in Chinese numerology, 66 is not a number I like.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I could be mistaken, but I think a duplicate hub runs afoul of the bots, but republishing it requires human intervention.  To get a human will, of course, take more time.

I also keep hearing that hubs cannot be unpublished by the bots, so I may be way off base.

1. Lucky Cats profile image81
      Lucky Catsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think they could program the computer or bots or whatever to recognize a correction as well as a mistake or duplication.  Yes, I thought of the human role in this and that makes sense but, because it does take so long for human intervention; it shoud be a complete computer process:  See a problem, notify hubber, see the correction, publish hub.  there's a missing link in here.  LOL!!

2. Lucky Cats profile image81
      Lucky Catsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I deleted it; in other words, I blacked it out under edit mode and removed it...voila..no words anymore.