jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

Im new to hubs ! advice

1. glamgal1 profile image60
    glamgal1posted 5 years ago

I would love advice on how to get more page views , and how to make the most out of hubs. Thxs

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't take it too seriously! Good advice!

2. hotwebideas profile image82
      hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My best tips are: Have fun and just keep hubbing about what you love and you will do great. I am also new.

3. kenneth avery profile image84
      kenneth averyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

glamgal1...as a member for seven months, I agree with you. I want more followers. And to create BETTER, more interesting hubs.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't write on over saturated topics (like Justin Beiber). I don't believe entertainment news does all that well, especially if the same information is posted in different places.

And some advice, you have to make sure that the photographs you use are copyright free.

1. kenneth avery profile image84
        kenneth averyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much, Uninvited Writer. That makes a world of sense and I do...use copyright free photos...which I have to run sometimes at 1/4 size...they watermark and haze up at full-width, but I get lucky on some artwork sites and get those great photos that can run BIG...those I like. Thanks again for the wise tips. KA

5. teamrn profile image80
      teamrnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I found that the way to increase my page views was, obviously to write hubs that GRABBED the reader from the start. I'd also comment on their comments, Then I also 'followed' their hubs. You can find out WHO is following you by signing in clicking on 'MY ACCOUNT then clicking on the tab for FOLLOWING. On the left, there is a menu of hubs you follow, hubbers  you follow, topics you follow.

I didn't know this was there until several days ago. I had to commit hubbers I follow and HUBS I follow to memory and then I'd forget! If you visit other peoples pages and hubs and make comments, you'll find that they come to your pages. Also, in your profile, you can link to other articles you've written. I understand that the TOS say that this is the only place you can plug your other articles, so make 'em stand out and an interesting, fun profile! Good luck and I hope others who have been around longer than I chime in!

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Read the FAQ's page and visit the Learning Center-

3. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 5 years ago

Promote your stuff. No one is doing it for you.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

If you learn abut KEYWORDS then the traffic will come.

A keyword is any search term that brings a person to your hub. You can use the free Google keyword tool to find how many views keywords are getting and find some that don't have a lot of information online. Use those keywords in your title and URL and tags for best results.

5. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages. 

Being active in forums may help as other hubbers may go to visit your hubs, although outside views are more powerful with greater earning potential.  It takes time to increase your views.

6. downpourofwords profile image60
    downpourofwordsposted 5 years ago

1. Focus on keyword strength
    2. Target niches which are famous
    3. Have a minimum of 300-500 words for first few hubs
    4. Do not expect too much traffic in the first 15 days
    5. Add pictures which are relevant to the topic
    6. Use the tags feature in hubpages to help search engines find your hub via keywords in your hub and the tags provided
    7. Keep reading and commenting on other people's stuff so that they get back to your hubs and a mutual camaraderie ensues.

I recently posted a hub on the effects of Google panda update to its algorithm. Hope all these points are useful.

1. David 470 profile image87
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with every number, except 4.

It is possible to get a lot of views within a couple days if you write on the right topics and use good Keywords.

7. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I'm also a brand new hubber and this information is really helpful.
    One thing I am a little confused about though is the scores, I have a score of 3 next to my avatar and a score of 64 next to my hub. Am I correct in thinking that 3 is my personal score and 64 is the score for my hub? And is that a reasonable score for a first hub?

8. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

I have a huge supply of fairy hub dust and for a small fee I can sprinkle it on your account.... then you have to sing about things that make you happy for 24 hours and hey presto...

Just contact me direct for your sprinkling...

9. 0
    blog8withJposted 4 years ago

Just chill. People here are friendly and engaging. They are very encouraging to fellow hubbers.

10. Cyber Scribe profile image79
    Cyber Scribeposted 4 years ago

There are many hubs with lots of great advice. Look for ones about how to write great hubs, how to earn money online, how to get more page views etc. Some people have been here a long time and there's lots of free advice in many people's hubs.

11. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 4 years ago

Look up all the articles on HubPages for a wealth of information on traffic. Keywords help. Welcome!

12. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

Great advice all round, but OP was made 5 months ago, so I hope glamgal1 has found much of this out through experience by now smile

1. teamrn profile image80
      teamrnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I for one thought she said something that indicated she was a new hubber. FORGIVE

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image94
        mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was only saying that she posted the question itself 5 months ago, not recently. I wasn't commenting on whether she was a new hubber or not smile

13. ThoughtSandwiches profile image83
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 4 years ago

I thought she was a new Hubber as well.  I was going to suggest she read all my hubs as a way of increasing page views.  By now, however, she would be on to me and know that that would only increase MY page views...