jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Many photos are not visible today

1. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 5 years ago

I suddenly discover that many of my photos are only showing a broken red "x" today. Is it a temporary thing?

Hope HP team will look into it. Thanks!

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure it's not a problem on your end? Maybe try a different browser?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image91
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I had that problem yesterday.  I don't think it's a problem on your end.  I just couldn't upload a photo yesterday regardless of browser.  I had exactly what you descrive. . . .that weird little thing with the red x.

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

There has been some server issues today. Seems to be sorted now.

3. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Charlinex it is not a problem at your end.. This seems to be some larger issue ..pictures are not showing up and slideshows work at times and not at others.. I was looking through a few hubs now and realized that it wasn't just my problem.

1. profile image0
      Charlinexposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, everyone. Glad it was not just me. Hope everything works out soon.

4. sabrebIade profile image83
    sabrebIadeposted 5 years ago

Red Xs here too.
    I'm running Firefox 4 and Windows 7.
    Can't even get a picture to upload on a Hub.
    Gonna go try Chrome now.

5. sabrebIade profile image83

Nope, still getting Red Xs in Chrome and am unable to upload any pictures.
    Can't update any Hubs until this is fixed.

6. sabrebIade profile image83

Just checked and now I am able to upload pics.
    Must have just been a glitch.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It does not seem like a server problem, this problem has been persisting and seems like HP hasn't been able to get its finger on to it .. may be personal emails to admin  will work .. we are all trying to work through the problem instead of setting things right.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

One thing that is sometimes overlooked is that the point of connection may make a difference. Users connecting through certain gateways may experience problems, while others do not.

1. sofs profile image88

WE I am not sure that this is the issue here.. I have been able to upload a picture without difficulty for three days now.. and there has been another thread in report a problem regarding the same subject... i have been working around the problem by opening the hub in another window and editing.. and I am not the only one ..
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/75386

7. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Sofs, what I am saying is that a site-wide problem may get solved sooner for users in certain locations than for others. Some, myself included, have not been affected at all. I have published new hubs without problems each of these days. Never mind, I hope you'll soon be back to normal.

1. sofs profile image88

I hope that the site is back to normal .. may be it is a locational issue..I hope that HP does something quick enough to set this right smile It is really making things difficult at a time when there are so many other things happening and people need to edit their hubs and fast !

working