Getting Pages Indexed

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 12 years ago

I recently created my first ever website.  Was just a bit of fun to see what exactly is involved and to see if I can pull in any traffic.  It took about a week for the site to get indexed.  As of yet though not of the pages on my site seem to be indexed by Google.  I have the main homepage then 3 seperate pages at the moment.  It's been two weeks since I created the first additional page.  Anyone know if I am doing anything wrong?  Will the extra pages get indexed?  How long might it take?  Any help greatly appreciated.

1. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

andy, try adding your new site to your profile page so people can take a look. My pages were added almost immediately, fresh content to google is normally indexed within hours. Are you sure about this?

andyozposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brian, thanks for the reply.  OK have added a link into my profile page.  I am pretty sure the pages are not indexed.  Is there any way I can check this?  Have already tried a few methods, maybe I'm not checking properly.  But I would say I'm 99% sure they are not indexed.

1. profile image0

Just had a look at your site, you have 4 pages in total is that correct. I copied and pasted your url into google for you. To add any pages to google just type in the google search box - add website to google and you are requested to add your url and copy a ding bat, thats all there is to it.

Cheers Brian, will give that a try.  And yes, there are four pages altogether.

Just tried doing what you said.  Where I add the URL it say that I only need to add the top-level page, I don't need to add every web page.  So should I try submitting my main page again, or try adding speciifc pages even though I'm asked not to do that?

1. profile image0

Andy you need only enter the url of the name of your site, this is in your case the first page, any subsequent pages written will then be automatically added and indexed. When any searcher finds your site they can then see what I saw when I looked and go to your other pages if they want to. From what I'm looking at you don't have a problem.

Cheers Brian, thanks for your help.

2. alisha4u profile image40
      alisha4uposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey andyoz,

You can use Google webmaster tool for your site.
      There are lots of thing which helps you to track the crawl error, XML sitemap submission and may more things.
      Try that!

2. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

Submit your site to SEs. Normally, it should take no more than 2 days to get a page indexed.

3. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Put a link to your website in your profile and then we could take a look?

You could ping your pages, create backlinks to them, tweet them etc

A new site needs all the exposure you can get - you could find other blogs on a similar topic and offer to write guest posts etc

4. andyoz profile image87

That's not a bad idea, will post a link on my profile page.  Have a few links up there already, although they are to my main page and not the individual pages.  How do I submit a page to a search engine?

1. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok, sorry I'm a little slow on the uptake here.  What is a sitemap?

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice clean looking site, Andy! Well done!

Thanks Izzy.  Not bad for a first try!  :-)

5. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

register your site with    at​tracta.com   they do everything for you and for free.   Works really well until you make some money then you have to pay for it - but if you are making it because they get you indexed and crawled continuously then . . .

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
      theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree!  I use Attracta for my sites.  Makes things easy!

6. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 12 years ago

Link building and quality contents for website is very important to get index fast in Google you also need to update website regularly to improve ranking

7. Niki Hampton profile image59
    Niki Hamptonposted 12 years ago

This is a great questions. I am checking out Attracta myself right now.

8. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 12 years ago

Google Webmaster Tools is all you realy need to look in to imo.

Cheers Oli, that's another thing I need to look into.

9. andyoz profile image87

Ok, have signed up to Attracta, used goodle Webmaster tools and still not seen my pages indexed.  Any more advice?  Am swiftly running out of ideas!

10. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

How are you checking whether your sites are indexed?

I go to my site, click on the page I'm checking, copy the URL at the top of the page, paste it into google and search.  I get the homepage up, but not the individual pages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)