My First Post-Panda Hub With Disabled Ads

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (47 posts)
  1. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

Well I finally had my first Post-Panda incident with disabled ads.
    I'm guessing it's because there is a picture of a girl in a (gasp!) bikini on it.
    I e-mailed the Team to see what is wrong for sure, so I'll wait for their reply.
    I cant post a link to said Hub because that would be promoting.
    But it has to do with Latinas and the number 8 figures into it.
    I hope that's vague enough in case anyone else wants to look and give me some feed back.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

What kind of help are you seeking? It seems you already know the answer, or that you will soon get it from staff. Apparently, you have several similar hubs, so wouldn't this one follow the same pattern?

3. sabrebIade profile image80

Well I was kinda hoping it wasn't the bikini shot.
    If things have gotten that bad here, it may actually be time to take all my stuff elsewhere.
    And as I said, this was my first one Post Panda that has been hit and I'm hoping it's something else I have done.

4. profile image0

Could you please give me the title.

5. sabrebIade profile image80

It's Beautiful Latin Women 8.
    I have looked through to see if perhaps it was a term I used that Google frowns on, but I really don't see anything.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Sabre, which Hub are you talking about?

I checked six of your hub and each of them had ads on them. So, a little help would be nice. hmm

sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL...see above Cags

2. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with the hub that would cause ads to be disabled.  There is a link to your blog and I'm not sure it those are allowed any longer but even so that would have triggered a overly promotional warning. Try making the link inactive and see if that helps.

I'll do that.
        See?
        I hadn't even thought of that one.

3. Cagsil profile image70

Picture one could be too much exposure of breast, if they get picky.

Picture three is actually see-thru which I know is a violation for which I've been tagged in the past.

Pictures four, five and eight, could have issues about "cleavage".

I am not exactly sure what the problem is exactly. Personally, I don't have any issue with the pictures. They seem/appear fine. Only a picky a$$ would flag any of the things in that hub.

Picture one...well that was pretty much the best picture I could get.
        Three is see thru?
        You can see a LOT better than I can Cags!
        LOL
        If the others have too much cleavage, I guess head shots are all I can go with.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I could be wrong on #3, but I don't think so. As for only head shots? No, you're not restricted to just those, but single pictures of the ladies, might not be the way to go. More pictures, might be more helpful. Again, I don't have any issue with the pictures.

But, then again, I am a guy/man and I am not religious. So.... lol

4. sabrebIade profile image80

Well I hate to do a slash and burn until I hear from the HP Team so I guess I will wait.
      Sad thing is, this Hubs traffic was going up today and now I'll lose all that revenue.

5. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't worry too much, these types of hubs are good for traffic which filter to your other hubs but in my experience they don't earn much.  I have a hub titled top 10 hottest bikini scenes in movies which has had over 400,000 page views and earned maybe $100 since publishing it, had recently had the ads disabled too.  I'm not touching it unless Team HP decides to unpublish it and then I'll move it and ALL my work elsewhere.  Gee, I wonder if Google has any bikini advertisers using Adwords.

Actually Richard "swimwear" is a really good keyword to focus on.
        Unless you were being facetious...LOL
        This Hub has only had about 43,712 page views since I published it in April of last year, but like I said, it was moving up today.

6. sabrebIade profile image80

UPDATE:
      Haven't gotten an answer back yet (I know I'm spoiled. HP used to answer e-mails in 24 hours or less) BUT, I realized today that my Yahoo e-mail addy was going all wonky, so I changed my contact to another hopefully more reliable e-mail.
      So I haven't gotten an answer, but that might be my fault!

Spoiled? What you? No way! lol

Well yeah...LOL
          It's like going to a restaurant and getting great service, then the next time it sucks.
          You really don't wanna go back to that restaurant anymore after that.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

HubPages protects your AdSense account as well as its own. If you go elsewhere and post things that are against AdSense's rules, you could irrevocably lose your AdSense account. That would surely cost you a lot more.

But I run blogs with over 4000 pages of material (Adsense on them all) and Squidoo Lenses (okay not a whole lot of Lenses..like 40..they have Adsense too) but here is the only place that has a problem.
              I ran a Swimwear blog on Blogger that was all women in swimsuits.
              (Being a swimwear blog of course) 
              Back when you could actually talk to them, the Adsense people themselves reviewed it and cleared it.
              (I took the ads off myself recently because after Panda it just wasn't making any money and I switched to another Ad server)

7. WoodsmensPost profile image63
      WoodsmensPostposted 12 years ago

I had my ads disabled on my Odnoklassniki hub. I am not sure why it has 1 picture and 1 video I sent an email but no word yet.Odnoklassniki is translated "classmates" and the hub only describes how to set up an account. No links is it the video or the pic that is the problem? any ideas? Thanks under my hot hubs if someone cares to check it for me Thanks

Maybe the pic.
        I know its a one piece but you can still see her legs and arms!
        LOL
        Also, the video has a sexy school girl outfit in it and Google hates those.
        I had a blog entry once about Kill Bill and mentioned Go Go wearing a Japanese school girl outfit and they yanked the ads off that blog so fast you could feel the breeze.

BTW...my Hub without ads, my highest trafficked Hub today.
        ::watches any money from that go down the drain::

1. WoodsmensPost profile image63
          WoodsmensPostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok I will remove both pfff

8. Red Anchor profile image63
      Red Anchorposted 12 years ago

Maybe this is an issue, maybe it isn't, but how do you guys who do "picture" hubs get around issues with copyright?  Are there really that many public domain photos of modern women out there?  Are you using photo aggregation services?  I notice that, for the most part, none of the photos carry attributions.  So I'm just curious whether part of the problem on "photograph-centered" hubs is that you are stealing copyrighted property in order to make a buck?

9. profile image0

SabrebIade, this is finally getting interesting.

Finally?

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can understand you have found it interesting from the start. I find it interesting now that I finally have enough information to understand how peculiar the situation may be from your point of view.

LOL...oh, okay, thank you.
            Even though I do tend to get defensive at times (a fault I am working on) I do like to hear other peoples opinions.
            I am not above saying..."You know, you may be right!"
            Maybe I should have put more background info in the original post I made.

10. profile image0

No problem. It is not a simple situation, let's hope it gets resolved soon.

11. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

Just a point of clarification - ads being turned off has nothing to do with Panda and the quality standards we instituted after that. It has 100% to do with complying with Google AdSense's standards.

I don't know the intricacies of AdSense's policies nearly as well as the moderation team does - which is why you'll have to wait for a reply from them - but I do know AdSense is sensitive to sexually-provocative pictures, so that might be it.

Thanks Jason.
        It just seems that what is sexually-provocative on HP isn't sexually provocative on Blogger or Squidoo.
        That's where I am running into trouble.
        That and the possibility that it wasn't a picture at all, but a Google stopword that I missed.

Case in point:
        I had a friend that had misspelled "The Four Horsemen" on a Blogger blog,the Google Adsense bot, moderator or whatever saw that as "Horsesemen" or "Horse semen" and ads were stopped.
        He corrected that and the ads were fine.
        And there was the time I put "Japanese Schoolgirl outfit" on a blog and the ads stopped till I removed that term.

12. Cagsil profile image70

HP staff is too restrictive to moderation on Hubs, with regards to Google Adsense policy. It's appearing as if there is a different sort of agenda going on, other than simply complying with Adsense rules.

Provocative, the term itself is broad and subjective, which makes is based on an individual's perception. Provocative could be just a beautiful lady standing in an incredible outfit that makes her "look" provocative? But, the actual word that should be used to describe her would be gorgeous or beautiful.

It's ridiculous. No wonder why people continue to move stuff off of HP and why HP continues it's spiral downward. hmm

13. profile image0

HubPages doesn't make money when ads are disabled, essentially they provide free hosting. I can't imagine what kind of "agenda" that might be.

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
        Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, exactly. When ads are disabled to comply with AdSense's rules, that's on 100% of impressions, not just on the Hubber's share.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Excuse you? It might be helpful if you actually tried to think out a statement before you post it. roll

HP still gets to use it's own AD program, regardless of what Adsense wants or does. So, your statement about HP not making money, is just distortion.

I can understand why YOU cannot imagine what kind of "agenda" might be behind some of their work.

No, when we disable ads to comply with AdSense's rules, we also do not run the HubPages Ad Program, either, on either your or our share of impressions.

Our HubPages Ad Program partners tend to be sensitive about the same sort of content as AdSense is.

Oh. So, now you're talking about "moderation" methods? roll

But, I appreciate the correction.

2. sabrebIade profile image80

Well I was looking at it as everyone losing money, that's why I want to get it in compliance ASAP.
            Just a Hub sitting there with nothing on it is basically useless to everybody, not just me.
            And add to that it being my highest trafficked Hub today, as Charlie Brown would say...AAUGH!
            LOL

Yes, maybe there are some minor things you can do in order for it to be ad-safe. The moderators will give you some insights about that. smile

lol lol lol

Moderation team will give insight? That's too funny, in and of, itself.

14. profile image0

Cagsil, now you are being rude. Again.

15. sabrebIade profile image80

Well I got an e-mail from HP stating that...
      "This image is too provocative for advertising
      (image link was here)
      Please replace it with one where the woman shows less cleavage, and we will review the hub for ad reinstatement." 
      And they included a link to the exact image.
      So since that was the best pic I could find of her, I'll just delete that entry and submit it.
      So it took less than 72 hours to get a reply (which I suppose is pretty good with all the new stuff).

Fixed the photo and e-mailed the Team so all should be well now.

I had a hub unpublished for adult content and unrelated links. They responded to the email I sent today, which the hub was also unpublished today?

I found the link in the email sent(given), to be foolish with regards to what is provocative or even adult content for that matter.

But, I certainly hope you get your hub published again.

Thank you Cags.
          Sorry about what you are going through with your Hub.
          Have you e-mailed them back yet?

Yes, I told them that the picture that they are attempting to moderate has already been approved by other moderators.

Not to mention, it's a picture of a woman sit on her a$$, with her hands holding on to the jacket she is wearing. Granted, she is not wearing a bra underneath the jacket, but it's not adult content, that's for sure, simply because it shows nothing.

I explained to them that the supposedly unrelated links they claim are on the hub are related based on "celebrity" correlation. The products of Amazon are all of the Celebrity on the hub, so those links cannot be unrelated.

The RSS Feed on the hub is keyword "kirsten dunst", as it should be, in order to get related content.

Btw- you're welcome. smile

16. sabrebIade profile image80

Okay I didn't get back here last night because my internet service provider went "Blooey" and I was hooking up at 1.5 instead of my usual 10 and it made it really hard to do anything online.
      BUT
      Within just a bit (I think it was about a hour or so, maybe less) of me telling the HP Team that I had fixed the Hub in question, HP e-mailed me back and said Ads had been re-instated and they were.
      So I know we hear a lot of horror stories as of here late, but if you read this thread you will see that the matter was cleared up within about 2 days.
      Your mileage may vary, but it is not a hopeless situation when a Hub is disabled for whatever the reason.
      And I hope everyone else out there can get a resolution as fast as I did.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sabre, thanks for coming back and letting us know.  My experience with HP team disabling ads on one of my hubs is the same as yours.  I emailed HP, HP emailed me back pointing the exact problem, I edited and resubmitted, and in two days HP emailed me back that ads on my hub was enabled. 
        My hub is about about mens underwear and of course with pictures of sexy men wearing underwear, and it keeps tripping the automatic moderator system and needs a live moderator to turn back  the ads on.  It's a nuisance, as whenever I edit the hub such as fix a broken link, it trips the auto moderator and ads are disabled and I have to go through the same process all over again. (sigh)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)