What Is Your Favorite Way to Structure Your Hub Elements?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)
  1. Lela Davidson profile image82
    Lela Davidsonposted 15 years ago

I have been using the same formula for over a year - text, photo top right, amazon, eBay, news, comments. Then I read somewhere in the forum about letting the first Google ad box float up to the top right because that has the best payout?

What are your favorite/most profitable ways to set up a Hub?
    Do you think it makes a difference?

1. compu-smart profile image89
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think presentation makes a big difference and like all things in life, nothing is perfect and everything can be improved. just like my Birthday hubs which have evolved, hopefully to much better hub styles!!

I used to make them like this Here then they evolved to this and now i have just started using this arrangement

For you, I  would test some hubs, by changing the arrangment, as you mentioned and see what the difference is in your stats if your talking about wanting and potential better payout!! ,,My birthday hubs are purely designed for ashetic purposes which for me is important!

smile

2. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

Lela - congratulations on your current perfect 100!

I have experimented with having two text boxes before the first photo.  This tends to give a banner ad at the top followed by a large rectangle ad to the right of the first capsule.  The third ad then appears after the first capsule. 

The first picture still appears as the icon for the hub in any listings of hubs.  I think this probably pays better though it is difficult to prove this.  The theory goes that casual viewers are more likely to click if all the ads are 'up front'.  In other words get them to click before they loose interest and go somewhere else.  The downside is it doesn't LOOK as nice!

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

It depends on what the topic is and how much I can spit out for the intro text box. If I can only think of a little, I make it long enough to have the google ad to the right of the first text capsule at the top. Otherwise, if I have a lot to say in the first text capsule, I like to put a picture to the right of the first text capsule, and in this case if there really is enough to say, a google ad will appear below the picture on most occasions.

I try to have the ad in either the first or second text capsule, with the banner at the top and the banner after the first capsule.

Sometimes you can get the google ad in the second text capsule, if there is a picture in the first and the second capsule is empty.

I haven't really played with placement much. I just try to make sure that the second banner ad is not at the bottom underneath the comments.

4. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I like to break my text up - it gives more breaks for the reader's eyes if done logically.  It's not always the same for me, but one of my "quick hubs" will be:  text, photo at full width, text, links/news side by side, text (times however many further subtopics I'm covering), amazon/amazon side by side, comments.

5. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

I remember learning in my high school journalism class (that was 43 years ago folks) that the readers' eyes goes to the upper right hand corner first, so that is the ideal spot for our ads I presume.

Of course if you are a photographer and want to show off your work, it might be better from that point of view to have your photo in that spot.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)