Regarding page views

1. shampa sadhya profile image87
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

A little while ago I published a new hub named 'Examinees Burdened with Expectation' and within a short span there were 5 page views. After a while I decided to change the group name of this hub and I did so but I found my page views has been reduced to zero (0). I am unable to understand the reason. My questions are:
    Should I not edit the group name of my hubs once it's published.
    I changed another hub's group name but there was no change in its page view, what's the reason?
    If the page views becomes 0 then when should one edit the different settings of the hubs?
    Kindly help. Thanks!

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

As far as I know the group name shouldn't matter one dot. One thing to consider is that when you publish a new hub it is likely to get a few visits from other hubbers since it appears in feeds for recent activity on the site. After the initial traffic from here in HP there is often a drop off before it picks up search engine traffic (assuming people are searching for your topic and can find it without searching through pages and pages of results). I have had hubs get that initial spike from friends reading my stuff then months later the hub suddenly comes alive in the search engines. Everyone has different experiences with this, and it can even change from hub to hub big_smile

3. mdlawyer profile image60
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

My experience also testifies to what kristenblog has said. The initial page views are from Hubpages members or from your friends groups. Later if it ranks well in search engines, you will get organic views.  These days most of the new hubs have zero views.