jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

self referring hubbers on forum threads

1. smackins1974 profile image80
    smackins1974posted 5 years ago

hi I post regularly on the following forum http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/24079?p … ost1643160
    which was started with the idea of recommending a hub from the person above you on the forum thread recently there appear to be an increasing number of hubbers posting to self promote their own hubs or others they know rather than the last person on the thread as forum was intended.
    I am hoping someone from hubpages admin could look into this and delete the self refering hubs as it is unfair to those of us using the thread correctly.

1. Aficionada profile image93
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Did you know that you can click on the "report" button below a specific post in a forum thread?  That might possibly reach the attention of staff before this current thread would - although I don't know the timetable for certain.

1. smackins1974 profile image80
        smackins1974posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the tip but it seems to be a few hubbers and at various sections of the forum thread by using reply to post as opposed to adding to end of thread will give this a couple of days and if not go through forum in question and start reporting a few at a time.
        Thanks again for the tip though

2. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

While I might expect commenters to promote hubs of someone they know (at least that's mostly what I read) or follow, self promotion should not be done.

There is so little to be gained - no valuable backlinks, no income, and as most people won't read self-promoted hubs not even much traffic.  Just animosity.

Very occasionally I will post a link to just one of my hubs - one I wrote just for hubbers giving exact directions on how to use a RSS capsule, how to write the feed "command" and how to produce only targeted hubs.  It's much easier than writing a 500 word forum post.  I don't expect income (as it's written for hubbers and no one else) - I only post the link in an effort to help someone.  I've seen others doing the same thing and don't have a problem with it.  Posts that say "Hey, everyone, go read my hub!" just result in me staying away from it.