jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense and Amazon capsule

1. Steve_1066 profile image60
    Steve_1066posted 5 years ago

Having recently signed up to Google Adsense, will they place an ad in every hub I publish from now on, forever? If they do, how can I also place an Amazon capsule, featuring Amazon products, in these hubs? I thought that part of the Adsense agreement was that other advertisers would not be placed in the same hub as Google Adsense ads?

I'm lost.

1. 71
      SsvRrwQposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can't find the issue in Google's ToS, maybe the policy you are referring to is gone? In their guidelines, about other ads I only see:

"In order to prevent user confusion, publishers may not display Google ads or search boxes on websites that also contain other ads or services formatted to use the same layout and colours as the Google ads or search boxes on that site. Although you may sell ads directly on your site, it is your responsibility to ensure that these ads cannot be confused with Google ads."

If you see something in the ToS, could you post it? I do know that it is common practice to use Amazon and AdSense together. Both are  available, and easily combined without warnings on Google's own blogging platform.

2. jponiato profile image82
    jponiatoposted 5 years ago

Unless you publish "non-commercial" hubs and set the ad level to "none," Google ads will appear on them whether or not you have an adsense account.  By creating your account, you can at least share in the generated revenue.

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Yes, you may use Amazon capsules as well as adsense.  eBay is not longer accepting affiliates unless you have your own site.

To use Amazon, you will have to sign up with Amazon and give that information to HubPages.  There is a wealth of information on how to do this in the learning center, link at the bottom of this page.

4. Steve_1066 profile image60
    Steve_1066posted 5 years ago

Thanks guys,

I think I understand now - the formatting of both ads cannot be the same. Google don't want Amazon customers confusing the two.