jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

External Links to a public site

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 5 years ago

Hi there, been a while since I've done anything on here, but writing a hub at the moment about films. Now I know multiple outgoing links is a no no on here to stop over promotion, but does Hubpages have a problem with outgoing links to sites such as imdb.com? Obviously it's not my site and it doesn't need the SEO but would really help for my hub!

Any help from hubbers or more specifically staff would be great.

2. jponiato profile image83
    jponiatoposted 5 years ago

I'm a noob so take this with a small grain of salt, but my understanding is that we are allowed up to 2 links per hub to a given domain.  Beyond that and it may be considered overly promotional.

You can have more than 2 outbound links, just no more than 2 to the same place.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Exactly, that is what the rules about "overly promotional" say. There are some exceptions, like Wikipedia, where additional links are allowed. For a more obscure public interest site, a specific exemption would be required to go beyond the two links.

4. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 5 years ago

Yeah I know about the 2 outgoing links or it being flagged as "Overly promotional" but as it's a site that's already the web leader and is more of a reference than a promotional link, I was hoping it would be OK.

I think the best thing for me to do is finish the hub then email the admin and ask if its OK or I need to remove the links.

Thanks for your replies though.