Display IP Address of Hubbers Posting in Forum

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

I have come across many hubbers who are using Multiple user ids to create Hubs and Post in forums.

Many people are using Multiple user ids to Argue Against or Support a Thread. I have found out many Profiles in Hub pages, which have the Same Adsense Publisher Id.

If IP address is displayed along with forum posts, we can also avoid those users,who have Multiple User ids and using Different adsense publisher ids in them.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My, we are snippy today. Many more comments like that and I would expect you will not be liking the "prompt action." lol

2. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 15 years agoin reply to this

so what if people have more than one account, it is not against the hubpages policy, as for the adsense ID you may have clicked when a refferers ad id was being displayed.....jimmy

3. Inspirepub profile image72
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What, and spoil the game?

How could we play "Spot the Sock" then?

Jenny

1. webismine profile image57
        webismineposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So, you like the sock puppets? wink

1. StuartJ profile image68
          StuartJposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't know whether it is so much a matter of liking them as accepting the inevitable. Preventing them can be very difficult unless you have many staff members.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

You should have been really really really irritated if you bothered to spend your time on checking their IDs yikes

As for the suggestion - I personally don't see any real benefit in it. And no, I use only one account on Hubpages.

Also, saying "Expecting Prompt action at the earliest." is impolite, at the least. Hubpages staff are NOT on your payroll, if you did not realize this yet, and you have no right to dictate what they should and what they should not do.

3. GoldenThread profile image61
    GoldenThreadposted 15 years ago

>I have come across many hubbers who are using Multiple user ids to create Hubs and Post in forums. <

From what I've seen, multiple ID's won't do them much good. Hubpages does a great job of keeping the spam hubs out, or at least marginalised.

The forums seem to be a different issue...

4. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

Forum is not a war field where you need allies to fight an issue. If hubbers like your suggestions, they will support you otherwise they have full right to oppose. There is no restriction if a hubber writes using different names or different hubbers use same adsense Id. Moreover, if a hubber is able to maintain good hubber scores for different user id's, it shows that hubber is really an expert hubber.

5. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

As long as it`s not against any of the Hubpage`s rules, I totally agree on having 2 or more different accounts. Who cares for those that use different accounts to comment on this forum? And what is the purpose ? They may do whatever they like. I hope no one, and as Misha said earlier - nobody should bother, it`s just a waste of time.

"These people are just trying to manipulate and support some of their fellow hubbers"

Is this a battle field ?

Cheers
    Alex M.

6. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 15 years ago

I for one don't like sock puppet action, but I don't think it appropriate that anyone who comes into the forum (whether member or general public) can see everyone's IP address.

Sure, if I post in your comments, you will see my IP address. But that is far more private than displaying it for the world to see.

The forum admin will be able to see IP addresses anyway. I'd hope that if they see sockpuppet action that they take appropriate action. In their own good time of course big_smile

7. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

I only have one IP address but I do have multiple personality disorder......

:::not really:::
    :::do too:::
    :::she does not::::
    :::who asked you?::::

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have always suspected that you are not really  a small dark horse.

But one of the lovely things about hubpages is that people can present themselves however they wish to be recognized.... or not recognized.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

To be completely correct, it's now called Dissociative Identity Disorder. tongue

1. profile image0
        shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ok

2. profile image0
        Marye Audetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You know, Maddie, I would personally agree with you but Jung (that's what we call him) says it isn't so.

What are you going to do? When one of your personalities sulks it really sucks for the rest of us.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
          Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm just going by the current terminology... On judgement day, we've all got the DSM to reckon to.

8. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

I'm actually a pair of BluBlockers. Seriously.

http://www.cheapsalesconsulting.com/files/t_17580.jpg

9. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Shameful act!

10. StuartJ profile image68
    StuartJposted 15 years ago

Oh Dang. Using proxies all the time becomes such a drag. ;-)

I have meant to ask if it was considered ok to use more than the one Hubber ID. It seems to me to be fine if one is using them the way a serious writer may use pseudonoms to write pot-boilers.

What say that I want to cover some very serious topics, but would also like to do some more gossipy and more lucrative hubs about film starlets, say? Using a different name for each seems legitimate to me. In fact this is something I would actually like to do, and welcome an official comment. I would not want to hide the second name from other hubbers or from the HubPages administration.

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it is allowed here to have more than one account. I personally don't - I just want to use all SEO benefits that I have on my profile already.

11. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

I have to say, having another name would probably be good for me.  I think writing the more researched hubs that sometimes I feel like doing ruins my credibility as a sarcastic, A-hole and will run off potential readers who will be dissapointed by dry material.

However, it does seem like I read something when I signed up that asked that you only make one name.  Could be wrong though, I was probably pretty deep into a six pack when I signed up for this thing.

12. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Creating multiple accounts to argue a point sounds boring.  Let them have their fun if they want to do that.

13. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I don't think there is any problem with running multiple accounts under pen-names, Shadesbreath. If you wind up arguing with yourself or agreeing with yourself in the forums under your multiple log-ins, I think that's less about pen-names and more about not having a life.

Jenny

14. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

You can have more than one account.  I know personally of a couple of people who do, it's allowed. 

Only one AdSense account tho, so just use your number for the second account, too.

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Shirley,
    Do you ever moderate comments on obzokee? wink

1. Shirley Anderson profile image72
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, it's not my blog.  I'm just a regular contributing guest blogger.

I do wish the entries didn't look like Chris wrote them.  You don't see the author's names unless you scroll or read down to the bottom of the article.

Why?  And thanks.  smile

16. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Cause I commented on the last post you sent me, and it is still awaiting moderation smile

I just went and looked again - I've only done 2 so far - I didn't see one from you, Misha.  I'll poke around a bit, see if I can figure out where you went.

17. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL My name is How to Speeding Ticket tongue

LOL, I would have missed it anyway while I was looking for Misha.

18. Shirley Anderson profile image72

I'm sorry Misha, but I can't find it anywhere.  I wonder if he hasn't moderated it yet, I'll have to email him and ask.

While I was there, I left comments addressing the nice folks that left comments for me.  I'm going to have to keep an eye on that.

I'm glad you told me, I wonder how many times it's happened.

Sorry Misha, and thanks!

19. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

No problem Shirley  - and thanks to you smile

Did you look under spam, too? wink It still shows me "comment under moderation"....

Spam?  No....I didn't find you at all.  Dagnabit!  I'm going to get to the bottom of this, it's bugging me.

I can't approve comments, I have no access to the blog.  I just email my entries to the owner.  I'll let you know what I find out, but I won't hear back from him before tomorrow.

20. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Thanks Shirley smile

You're very welcome.  smile

Thx for letting me know, Misha.

21. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Still debating the two account thing for the sake of humor. I just wish I knew how to do SEO tricks for the researched hubs I write.  I try to read on it but it's always so long and dry and my eyes roll up into my head and, well... there you go.  lol.

22. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

If you choose the right topics, and have 4%-5% of the words on the page being the keyword phrase, including having it in the title and the page summary text, you have done 90% of what you can do on the page.

Other than that, it's all about getting links to your Hub anchored with the keyword phrase.

Jenny

I've read about "anchored text".  Please, Jenny - what exactly does that mean in dummie layman terms?

23. Shirley Anderson profile image72

Morning Misha!

You are live: 
    http://www.obzokee.com/freelance-work/f … mment-2374

I had to chuckle - you spelled your name, "Ho to Speeding Ticket".

Please don't ask me what that means in English.

I left you a comment back, hopefully it's approved right away so you can read it.

Thx again, Misha.

1. Misha profile image62

"Ho to" sounds a bit Asian to me big_smile My bad, I ahve ot larn spling!

Thanks Shirley, I'll be more careful next time smile

As for the anchors:

Here is a link:

http://www.obzokee.com/freelance-work/f … ing-market

And here is a link with the anchor text:

I admire Shirley wink

Oh!  So a hyperlink is anchored text?  Sheesh, why don't all the ebooks and online instructions just say that instead of making it sound complicated?

Thank-you, Misha!

1. Misha profile image62

jk wink tongue

roll  smile

24. broalexdotinfo profile image56
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

They use technical words so newbies can be more familiar with them.

I don't mind....as long as they explain it in plain English first so we can get the basic concept down.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)