Facebook Posts

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image96
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've tried promoting my hubs on Facebook (and Twitter). I think my 'friends' can see my posts about new hubs, but I'm not sure if they are only appearing on my own profile. Certainly, they don't seem to be appearing on the HubPages Facebook page, even though I try to link and publicise from HubPages as soon as I publish a new page. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, because I do find computer-speak extremely difficult to follow, so a step-by-step complete idiot's guide would be appreciated. How do I ensure all 'friends' can see the posts on their walls. More important, how do I get my hubs posted on Facebook or Twitter so that everyone who visits the HubPage page can see them? Cheers Alun.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The Hubpages facebook page doesn't post every single new hub. It only posts one or two a day at most, usually ones the team think are helpful or very good. If it posted all the new ones, people would be overwhelmed by the endless updates!

When you post a link on your facebook, your friends should see the link appear in their news feed.

To promote hubs on twitter, it's best to use # hash tags. Just put a hash tag in front of any word related to the hub and the tweet will go into a channel about that topic.

However, getting just followers and friends to view your pages isn't a good long term way to get traffic - and if you post too many you're likely to make them not want to view them. Plus, it can get you in trouble - a friend might click a few adverts in hopes of earning you money, but Adsense can trace who and where clicks come from and it could be counted as click fraud.

If you can get your hubs ranked in Google you can get endless rising traffic.

1. Greensleeves Hubs profile image96
        Greensleeves Hubsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply Wrylilt. Not sure how I go about getting my hubs ranked in Google, but I'll have a look through the help topics. I'm not so bothered (at the moment) about making money; I'd just like to reach a wider audience with my pages.

I must admit it hadn't occured to me that HubPages might be selective about the hubs they advertise - I just assumed all would be shown on the Facebook page - but I guess it makes sense that they're not, given the number of new hubs published every day. I just worried I was doing something wrong. Thanks again.