jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Another reason to check for duplicate content?

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
    Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago

"A US Senate committee has unanimously approved a controversial bill that would allow the US Department of Justice to seek court orders requiring search engines and Internet service providers to stop sending traffic to web sites accused of infringing copyright."

1. http://www.computerworld.com.au/
        2. http://www.computerworld.com.au/article … ight_bill/

Do you have software to check your hubs for unconscious duplicate content before you publish?

1. bgamall profile image87
      bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

People swap content all the time. This is just a way of giving Yahoo and Reuters the ability to swap content while other websites can live in fear. This is just more attempt to control the web.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

All I can say is WOW, and I'm honestly not sure how to react.  I can definitely see why this would be controversial! 

What level of "accusation" would trigger the prohibition?  Doesn't this lend itself easily to the possibility of abuse by enemies?  Does this mean the search engines would have to spend more of their time checking to find the actual original source of content?  Will that make article spinners even more common?  What about collections of quotes?

The intent of the bill seems to be honorable and admirable.  Maybe it really can be implemented justly, and I hope that would happen. 

But my first reaction is:  How?

3. Spirit Whisperer profile image84
    Spirit Whispererposted 5 years ago

I used HubDefender but that has been terminated because Edweirdo was running it at a loss. Do you have an alternative ?

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I'd agree on the HOW?

I'm assuming they'd want to apply it to published offline content as well. As I'm sure anyone who's run into duplicate content on their own online work knows, it's a full time job trying to track it down and get it remove - and that's just for a few articles!

Sorry but I just don't see how this is a good investment of manpower and how on earth they can enforce it.