jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Would someone please clarify the policy on Hubs with just pictures?

1. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 5 years ago

Are hubs with just pictures, or maybe with a little bit of text ok?

I know some of these are called "Aunty Hubs" and was a source of discussion quite a while ago, but with the Panda rollout, what is the policy?

2. Mutiny92 profile image87

http://hubpages.com/search/include:hubs+photo+gallery

These are the types of hubs I am referring to.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I don't know. None of the photos have credits.

4. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Perhaps the 'flag this hub' thing should be more prominent (it's in small type, beside the Tweet button on each hub).

No, I would think such hubs are not kosher.  This is the sort of thing that seems to fly under the Hubpages radar more often that we'd like.  I must admit that I haven't read the terms of use on this aspect lately, so I couldn't say for sure.

I have quite a few flowers picture gallery hubs.  Some are moderately old, some new.  They've never been flagged or anything, and they get the most views of any of my hubs.  Mind you, I write a bit of text about each one, so I usually end up with about 600 words besides the 13 pictures.

Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Those sound nice!  Some of the ones in the link have 0 words.  Some have two or three sentences.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

There is a place for this type of hubs, but I don't think that Hubpages is the place. How would Google rank such sites? And I can't help but to think that it adds to the effects of lowering the rankings of the entire site.

6. Mutiny92 profile image87

I don't know.  There are some celebrity hubs that are very well done (like the one from Cagsil) but there are some with just a series of pictures and a sentence or two of text.  Its a difference of night and day.

7. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

From memory those types of galleries are allowed, as long as they are correctly placed in the photo gallery section.

Mutiny92posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks Wry!

8. WriteAngled profile image93
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I would like to see these types of hubs banned UNLESS they are set up to display the author's own photography or other art work, or to display the work of another person WITH THEIR PERMISSION. I flagged a hub some weeks ago, which consisted of other people's photographs. Although the authors of the photographs were acknowledged, there was no indication that the hub author had obtained permission to use the images, nor any indication of the source from which they had been obtained. I'm fairly certain the hub was totally in breach of copyright. It was still up the last time I checked.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I remember the same argument going on back when I first joined. I guess those hubs must be making money for Hubpages in some way, so they stay.

working