jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Help with tags capsule

1. Jo Frank profile image60
    Jo Frankposted 5 years ago

So far I've written 3 hubs and I just can't figure out the tags capsule. On all 3 hubs the suggest tag remains along with the suggested tags. I don't want to use all the suggested tags. How do I get rid of the add tag/suggested tags?? yep I'm a computer illiterate, but I'm learning. Thank you for any help I can get out there. Jo Anna

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Technically, tags are not really a capsule. They are always there. You can add and delete tags simply by opening a hub while logged into your account; meaning you do not have to be in editing mode to edit your tags. To see how your tags appear to the visitor, you can view your hub while logged out.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I don't believe there is a way to get rid of the suggested tags. Usually it's best to ignore them because they are based on your text, meaning they can be too general or unrelated. Don't worry, no one can see the suggestions except you.

3. Jo Frank profile image60
    Jo Frankposted 5 years ago

Thanks...I wasn't aware that no one else could see what I was seeing.LOL Thanks again

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go visit someone elses hub and you'll see what I mean - you'll see just the tags they've selected.

4. Charity Squid profile image79
    Charity Squidposted 5 years ago

suggested tags are too general.  I don't use them.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Be a little more charitable, Charity!  I probably use 2% of them.  Or at least 1%.  Maybe. smile

1. profile image0

Even you could lighten up and go to 3 percent.

3%?  I dunno, WE - might get slammed for irrelevant tags. sad

Seriously, I always seem to have trouble coming up with good tags, but just don't find much in the suggestions either.  They need much better suggestions to make it a really useful tool.

1. profile image0

Sure, I see what you mean. I am not much of a "tagger" myself, so I must admit (to the detriment of the spirit of this thread), that I regularly find useful suggestions.

Good for you.  I wonder if I'm just not willing enough to cast a wider net; to accept and use tags a little further removed from the actual subject.  Tags don't have to be just your key words, but that's what I want to use.  Searchers that would find a hub useful don't always (sometimes I think never!) use the terms I would use.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I don't do the research or give it much thought; sometimes suggestions make up for that. I can see why the feature may not be very useful for those that put some more effort into it.

working