jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

BROKEN LINK

1. Hello, hello, profile image60
    Hello, hello,posted 5 years ago

I have a broken link sign on one of my hubs and it said that I can corrected when I edit the containing capsule.

What do I have to do?

1. spsingh profile image59
      spsinghposted 5 years ago in reply to this

your hub may have link which is no longer visitable means not working ...it may be another deleted hub of your or other hubber or any other link which is not loner active.... so click on edit ..to edit the hub and delete or update the link!!!!!!

2. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go to my account - broken links and click on  retry if it is set right  it will say link good if not  still broken it will repair it . Hope it helps smile

Hello, hello,posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for your help. I will try and see if it is alright.

2. Aficionada profile image92
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

When you open the Hub in Edit mode, there should be a message in a yellow box at the top which tells you whether there is (only) one potentially broken link or more than one.  It will also tell you that the link(s) is or are highlighted. 

The highlighting is a pale yellow that may be hard to see, so look at your screen from different angles if you don't notice it at first.  Then, just open the correct capsule and either delete the link altogether (in a link capsule) or break the link if it is in a text capsule.

As spsingh mentioned, this could be a matter of a Hubber having an unpublished Hub that you had linked to at one time.  It is possible that the Hub will eventually be restored, in which case the link would again become viable - and so you have to make the choice of whether to delete/break the link now or wait and see whether there will be a change in the future.  The warning triangle will show up on your Stats page until the link has been changed (broken, deleted, or repaired).

EDIT:  sofs' method sounds very quick and simple, so that may be the best way to try first.  I didn't even know it was possible!  Very cool... smile

Hello, hello,posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for explaining so much in details. I will try and see what happened.

working