Writing Elsewhere - the application process

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago

I've heard that BrightHub is a good choice for writing to make a few extra bucks, any thoughts? I have only written on HubPages so every piece of my writing (online stuff) is done in Hub format. The BH application I looked at wants to see some previous work, but it won't allow an URL. Any way to change this so all of my images, as well as writing can be submitted as complete examples for BH? As we all know, I am NOT very computer savvy so if this is pretty complicated to manage...I'm screwed.
    Thanks a bunch for any help. smile

1. GoingOnline profile image60
      GoingOnlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think they don't want the images, just text that can "stand alone". Look at the type of articles they have published, and write something similar.

Spellcheck, spellcheck, grammar check, grammar check again and get somebody else to do it for you as well if you can. And make sure the formatting is right.

You may want to take a look at Demand Studios and Wikio (shameless plug, I have a hub on Wikio) which are _I think_ slightly less obsessive about people applying.

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
        K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good to know about the images not having importance. Thanks for the other site choices. I will check them out as well. Not to worry about "shameless plug"  I enjoy reading other writers work, no matter where it is. smile