How much has your income gone down since Google latest algo change?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    devsirposted 12 years ago

Since Google changed its algorithm, all the hubbers have been affected by this phenomena. So how much percentage, your income has gone down due to this. Mine is 50%. I am just getting 50% of my adsense income now. So what is yours ?? One more interesting thing , if you have got this change as beneficial to your adsense income, do let us know. So tell whether you are getting Plus Z% or Minus Z% since this Google Algo Change.

1. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

it always effect spammers and sites with low quality contents

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And top writers who have been here for years and write nothing but quality content. smile

1. profile image0

i dont think there earning can reduce, as hubpage is great platform and judge itself every hub,

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Incorrect. The Panda hit everyone, quality writer or not.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Check the statistics on Quantcast.  The traffic to HubPages as a whole has dropped dramatically, and that has affected everyone.

My traffic is down about 50% and so are my earnings.

3. CMHypno profile image83
            CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But Google doesn't just judge each hub, and the whole of HP has been slapped because of poor content and spam. Good writers have lost just as much of their earnings as the bad writers and spammers!

4. earnestshub profile image81

Wrong.

Hubpages has dropped in Alexa ranking from 74 a few months ago down to 260th today.
            Dealing in facts is a lot better than conjecture.

2. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, my pageviews has increased by the update and so is the revenue. I had published only four hubs before Feb 24 and they used to bring me around 10 visits per day (I know Its pathetic!!)
      But after the update, my hub about onions got 10 visits per day (its now reduced to 6). While AdSense revenue is not that good, the earnings from HP ads are reasonable.

1. profile image0
        Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If there had not been HP ads, then I guess I would have been hiding somewhere now.

2. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

My figures are well down as are most of us. How far is difficult to judge as yet. It is still irregular. smile I am working on it.

3. profile image0
    devsirposted 12 years ago

There is Variation in adsense earnings but I want to know the downfall or upscaling of average adsense income

1. profile image0

it also depend on visitors from which countries you are getting, downfall and upscalling is part of daily work, if we publish few hubs and stop its expected that we are not proper work always treat it regular work

if you write new hubs dont forget old hubs, also give some backlinks to old hubs and use other ways to increase traffic to your hub, proper planning is key to get success with hubs

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I was earning about $6-$8 (with bumper days of up to $14) before Panda.

After Panda I've been lucky to see $1 per day. That's been partially replaced by the HP advert program which gives me $3-$4 a day but I'm still not at the point I was before Panda.

Nobody is back to pre panda that I know of. sad

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Over at the Info Barrel forum - those folks are saying that they are getting back to pre panda traffic levels.  Their site is great. . . .but not quite as fun to use as this one, but there damn sure isn't any spam there to speak of.

1. David 470 profile image81
          David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a few articles for infobarrel, but my articles did not do that well compared to here on HubPages.

Infobarrel, though, needs to check your articles before being published -- which is good so there are not spammers, self promoters etc...

I did a couple of really top notch articles on IB to compare it to here - and they just DON'T get the traffic that HP does.  The only answer is that Google doesn't like them so well as they do HP.  I don't know why - because clearly, there is no spun spam crap on that site, not like here.

1. WryLilt profile image88
              WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even after the panda?

I'd be surprised if my two best articles there get three views a week.  It's true that I've not backlinked them so much as I do HP articles - but they just don't get any Google Love.  Info Barrel Admin reports that Panda is done with them, and that their good authors are getting pre Panda traffic.

2. earnestshub profile image81

Thanks for passing that on, I will take a look. smile

5. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

My traffic began to rise again  the last 3 weeks and has been higher than ever and my earning seem to be back on track in accordance..it is mainly one of my hubs that brings in the earnings. I was getting good passive money before the algo and then it dropped where I just meet payout but now I envision big things if I can keep my personal website high in Googles fist page.
    However I am on vacation for another week and have limited internet access to work

6. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 12 years ago

My traffic and earnings are currently about a third of what they were pre-Panda. The HP ad program has definitely helped me keep it at a level that is at least making it worthwhile to stick it out. I haven't been very active at all since Panda so I probably only have myself to blame for no improvement since then.

7. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 12 years ago

My earnings have dropped by about half, but I expect the downward trend to continue because my traffic has recently taken another nosedive sad

I am now looking at my hubs as an online portfolio to enable me to get other writing jobs, rather than a source of earnings in and of themselves.  I consider the occasional Google/ad programme/Amazon payment to be a sort of bonus more than anything else.

8. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 12 years ago

continuing to decrease.... I am down over 75% at this point.. in another month or so I will be paying google, at this rate.

9. Mutiny92 profile image63
    Mutiny92posted 12 years ago

I don't believe Panda is "over"...My views dropped substantially, stabilized, and are continuing a slow, painful decline.

I had thought Panda simply reset the level and we could move on from a new baseline, but that does not appear the be the case (at least for me).

My earnings are down well over 50%, even with the new HP Ad program.

10. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

My Adsense has increased every month since the slap and my Amazon sales are okay too.  This month's Adsense earnings  will be approximately 20% more than last.  I haven't enabled the HP ads yet and might not.

Strange!

I stand corrected Randy. I do know someone doing OK post Panda! lol
      That is promising to know. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it really depends on the subject one is writing about, Earnest.  I'm lucky to have knowledge about things which other writers cannot have unless they've experienced them first hand.

I do believe using original photos may be a small part of being more successful in having one's hubs ranked higher.  But I'm no expert in the way things are done by Google or HP, so don't take anything I say very seriously. smile

No else does anyway!  lol

My car stuff has survived intact, the rest will need some more work. I am lazy at this time.

I am about to throw the auto trans back in my ute after it decided to die due to water from a recent flood got in the breather. I have put it off for a week so far! The weather is good today so I am out of excuses. smile The valve body looks like something out of the space shuttle, so I reached for the workshop manual on this one. smile

I thought your how-to stuff would be okay!  I try to take photos of everything I repair depending on what info is available on a Google search.  If I think I can write and illustrate a better article than the top results then I go for it.

I do realize most writers do not have this advantage, though.  Good luck on your repairs, sounds intriguing! smile

I need to take more photos. The hubs are doing OK, but more of my own shots would probably help.
              The repair is the first one I have done on a trans that I am not 100% sure will work. I replaced the torque converter ( can never get the bloody water out of em.)
              Water could have damaged one of the clutches, and I cant see it doesn't mean it is OK.
              The valve body could still have a minute particle float into it when I fill and flush it... all sorts of ifs.

I had to make a pressure tester, but still won't know the outcome until final load testing with the computer in the circuit.

What a nightmare!
              My fault I fear, I could not feel good about giving twice what the ute is worth for a new one, and re conditioners are thin on the ground now, due to the complexity of 4 and 5 speed autos.

Have you seen the 6 speed auto out of the BMW? I reckon it's got as many parts in it as most whole manual cars have.
              Almost unrepairable.

I try not to do much work on autos these days.  Other than changing water pumps, brakes, etc., the uncomplicated repairs, in other words.

I did start up my old 1948 A-Farmall tractor the other day.  No battery in it as it uses a magneto to furnish the spark.  I enjoy working on old motors still.  My neighbor collects old kerosene engines used at the turn of the century for running sawmills and other machinery.

He has one which only fires every few seconds and has to have the head heated with a torch in order to get it started. I simply do not get as enthused about today's engines with the computer running almost everything. smile

Sounds like you know what you are doing though!

11. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 12 years ago

Its so bad I quit writing here for awhile.  I've got some articles ready to post.  I'm still hanging in here, I hope things turn around soon!

12. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

My income has gone down more than Paris Hilton on prom night

1. Mutiny92 profile image63
      Mutiny92posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile smile smile

13. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

If I combine Adsense and the Hubpages Ad Program, my ad revenue hasn't gone down much (though I was never a superstar earner by any means). However, my Amazon and ebay earnings are cut by 50% or more, which definitely hurts.

14. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Due to HubAds mine is up about 50%.  It certainly compared favorably to InfoBarrel even at its worst.

15. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 12 years ago

I'm down anywhere from $200-$350 a month. That's significant for me as I'm a full-time student....it really hurts and I'm back to getting money from my parents to cover expenses. Ugh!

Although, I'm thankful my car payment and a few credit cards are still covered by my online earnings.

My own personal website has improved with earnings (but that only makes $50 a month lol...used to make $35ish) But it's more of a hobby and that definitely pays for the hosting.

1. smanty profile image60
      smantyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is awesome! Not that your earnings are down, but how much you are making. I am a full time student also and I am trying to get to the point that you are at. Right now I am not making nearly enough online to cover any expenses, but that will change.

16. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Compared to April my earnings are UP 20% but over the month my views are DOWN 20%. Odd mix. April was my worst post-Panda month so far but with viewers dropping further, things are not looking well at all.

17. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 12 years ago

same here, my income has also gone down with the ranks sad

18. Greek One profile image64

Here is a visual interpretation of what Panda has done to my online revenue-making aspirations...

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/design/10142941/type/png/width/190/height/190/peeing-panda_design.png

19. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

My income is down about 50%. My goal was to make $300-600 dollars a month with HubPages (eventually 1000+ far future).

Panda destroyed that goal...sad  50% for me is about right...On top of that, if HubPages had the same ranking, I would of continued to publish hubs and I perhaps would of started to make a few hundred a month.

I still make some income here, but am trying to make more.

Does anyone know how HubPages can gain its former rank again??? hmm Originally, I think I took that rank for granted...Now, I realize more than ever, how much potential HP had. (it still has potential though, but not to the same degree).

20. Greek One profile image64

If sites like Hubpages will continue to be impacted by Panda in the long term, is the only real solution to create independent websites?

21. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 12 years ago

It didn't smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)