jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Chitika Ads

1. katrinasui profile image60
    katrinasuiposted 5 years ago

I think Hubpages should allow users to add Chitika ads on their hubs. So all the Hubbers whose Google Adsens account has been disabled will be able to use Chitika Ads.

1. mskills profile image90
      mskillsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can relate in a way, since I live in a region that won't allow me to sign up as an Amazon affiliate.  However, speaking as a former owner of several advertiser-sponsored websites, I can understand why HubPages wouldn't give us the option to replace the AdSense ads with Chitika. 

Since screen real estate is limited, HubPages will want to make sure that the highest paying ads are displayed in key locations.  Since HP has apparently decided the AdSense is the most lucrative for their traffic, they will want these Google ads in the prominent positions. 

Unlike Kontera and the product boxes from Amazon and eBay, Chitika's search engine-powered ads (the most useful ones for a site like HP) function best in the same places as the AdSense, which HubPages uses whether or not you are able to profit from it.  More than likely, allowing hubbers to use Chitika ads would result in a site-wide decrease in revenue (though I understand that it would be a nice incentive for those who cannot sign up as AdSense affiliates.)

1. quotations profile image95
        quotationsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I use Chitika as a back up ad on my sites. It displays when there are no adsense ads available. And I have also used it as my main ad on some sites, where adsense didnt make me any money. The revenue and Chitika is not great, but it is not terrible. I would rather be able to ad chitika ads than for example amazon

1. 61
          EgyKitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How do you check for empty Adsense ads on page load to show the alternative Chitika ads?

2. stuff4you profile image46
      stuff4youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Chitika's payout does not compare to Google Adsense.

I think chitika ads are tacky looking.

The only advantage I see with Chitika is that it has a referral program - earn 10% of what new sign ups earn for a year or something. Google Adsense doesn't have that.

2. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

I personally think bananas should be red, however, who cares what I think smile