jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Southeast heat wave

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

i am in south Kentucky and the past weekend and coming week are all days will be above 90 degrees. it's very unusual for this time of the year.
    i 'm staying indoors and come out at 6pm to cut the grass and work in the garden.
    How is anyone else coping with this? sad

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Used to live in B'ham, Al., and could NOT handle the humidity.  Kentucky must have it, too?  You poor thing!  Move to California; that's what I eventually did!

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you choose to live in an oven, you have to like the heat.

3. profile image55
      DreamCarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's really very hard to cope with this much of heat!

2. Randy Godwin profile image91
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

HA!  Bunch of sissies you guys are!  Try being outside today here in southeast Georgia!  Triple digits in some spots!  But wait till summer when it starts to get really hot!

We are in a bad drought here and the Okefenokee swamp peat has already been burning for a few weeks.  Here in the country we are serenaded by the sound of many irrigation motors running all night long.  The produce and tobacco farmers are pumping millions of gallons of water out of the ground trying to keep their crops alive and hoping it might rain before long.

So, you guys aren't getting the worst of it after all!

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
      DIYweddingplannerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What about South Carolina...98 degrees here...supposed to be 100 by the weekend.  I hate to see my electric bill!

1. Randy Godwin profile image91
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When did you guys get electricity up there? smile

3. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I'm dealing with it by spending a lot of time in my pool! Lovin' the hot sunshine!!

But...if it doesn't rain soon, I think we're going to turn into a desert. All my grass is brown.

Rub it in, Habee!

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL! There'll be 7 grandkids in the pool this afternoon, so it certainly won't be peaceful OR relaxing, if that makes you feel better!

Yeah, that does make me feel ALOT better!

4. DIYweddingplanner profile image89
    DIYweddingplannerposted 6 years ago

Well, it only works when I hop on that bicycle generator.  smile That's how I'm powering my laptop right now!

5. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

yeah Georgia,with all that concrete around the ever-expanding Atlanta must be driving the heat way up! wink

Kentucky isn't considered a southern state,and so the excessive heat is not the usual.  I moved from Florida to escape the heat and storms..ha!

We've had a major year of excessive rains and storms and then suddenly the heat switch is turned on. We are experiencing a heat index of 112 so cutting the grass is very tough as is any outdoor activities.

This is going to be a year of EXCESSIVES I've afraid. roll

working