jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Huge drop in traffic

1. smanty profile image73
    smantyposted 5 years ago

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I had been getting a constant 30 to 40 views per day and a couple of days ago that dropped to about 7 a day. Any suggestions about what happened? Any advice?

1. psf profile image80
      psfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you were getting good traffic from search engines, then there is a chance that you have a good competitor(s) on your contents and keywords...check which hub(s) was giving most of the traffic earlier, fine tune them again with new subtitle, tags etc.

Check the hub metrics which shows traffic sources, see which source is got affected, if it is a back linked source, probably that sites would have been removed your link or updated their content.

Also search on google with a very specific phrase or word related to your hub's content, see what is in the top of the search result. If it is a website where you can leave a comment, go through the website and leave an insightful comment with a back link to your hub. For me it really worked, you know, even I am  surprised as one of my hub is keep getting traffic (20 - 40 views/day) from that source.

Try and let me know your feedback.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you sign up for Google Analytics and activate it for HubPages. This will give you a clear picture of where your traffic comes from, both its source and the geographic location of your visitors.

You can configure Analytics to exclude your own pageviews, as explained here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/76301

1. smanty profile image73
      smantyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do have analytics connected to hubpages, but I haven't signed on for about a month. I'll check it out, thanks!

3. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I will also add that some of the traffic may have came from within HubPages. This may have been why you had more.

Holidays, seasons, topic, and other factors can contribute to this though.

4. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Very interesting, psf. Sounds like good, old-fashioned work, but well worthwhile.

1. psf profile image80
      psfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks website examiner,

I thought, as smanty has 18 hubs altogether, this method should work.

5. Dolores Monet profile image92
    Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago

I had several hubs drop and wound up finding them reprinted word for word on another site. Filed DCMAs. One of the hubs was copied by a fellow hubber on his own site. Another copied hub was higher than mine when I googled the first line.