I started out tracking a very good day for views, in fact my best in awhile. Naturally, they haven't updated in some time now.
I am not pleased, HP! And while I am at it, I would like to know why HP doesn't just take the first 24 minutes of each hour as their 40%, leaving the last 36 minutes-our 60%- for us?
I dislike having to check my hubs randomly to see whose time is in effect when we would already know using the suggested method.
Besides, we all know there are certain times of the day when we make more money than other times. The suggested time split would guarantee both HP and the writers shared the peak time of day.
It would also give the Hubbers an easy way to check their time share without having to click the article every minutes to try and ascertain a fair share of the earnings.
Thanks Ray! I did look at the forums but missed that link. Perhaps when it updates I'll get the other thousands of views I am missing today!
What do you think about my suggestion on the time share thing?
I don't think HP would do it in the manner in which you've posted. However, I don't work for them, nor would I.
Personally, I think HP doesn't want to be a preset determined time frame, simply because they would be able to time out their own adverts. Meaning, that they know what time is their shares now and we have to check. They already know and can utilize adverts better.
Of course they wouldn't want to, but I really don't trust them to share the best sales times with us anymore. It's just too coincidental when I start getting lots of views to a hub that their affiliate code is usually being shown. Sometimes for a long period of time too!
The split isn't really as fair as it's implied to be when one really looks into it.
Is there a problem with the stats updating? I havent noticed any movement for almost twenty hours now.
Has anyone else noticed that?
Mine have changed about 30 views since yesterday. No Amazon sales at all yesterday, coincidentally, and it started out being the best day for views in quite a while. It will be interesting to see how the stats are updated.
My view stats haven't updated since Sunday but the hub scores have. It's getting a bit frustrating watching a new hub with about 20 comments but only 7 page views which accumulated while writing it.
by Rajan Singh Jolly4 years ago
Has there been another update from Google? I ask since my views have been dropping rapidly every hour since the past 6 hours. Surprisingly the total views in the stats has remained stationary since the same time.Stats...
by TIMETRAVELER24 years ago
My stats haven't updated for 18 hours. Anybody else having this problem?
by Glen7 years ago
Not sure if it's just me, but I was checking my profile and the right side bar was down the bottom, and it's a bit of a mess. I checked a couple of other peoples profiles and it's the same thing.Anyone else seeing this...
by John Coviello4 years ago
I see that the small text at the top of the HubPages Page View Stats says they are being updated, but it does not appear that my stats have been changing the last few hours. Has anyone else noticed this? ...
by Simone Haruko Smith4 years ago
Hello Hubbers!I'd like to give you a heads up about slideshow stats going away (sometime around the end of the week). We're removing them because:1. The information they provide has not been particularly useful2. The...
by Isabella Snow5 years ago
I noticed that over the last week HP ad earnings were markedly lower despite traffic remaining the same. I held off commenting and now I see earnings have been adjusted for nearly every day over the last week and they...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.