jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Please help me out.

1. enlight your soul profile image56
    enlight your soulposted 6 years ago

My hub 'The Nutritive value of a potato' have a good score but it's saying to revise it repeatedly. I have revised it and didn't find anything weird that can be taken as violations. I have revised it now also. Will I publish it now? Please read my hub again and let me publish. Seeing this situation is very painful.
    Thank you.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We cannot read  and comment on your hub as it is not published . If you keep submitting it for republication and it is not up to the mark, it may be deemed irrevocable.  I suggest you go through all mails that have be sent to you and review your hub from those angles before you submit for republication:0 Best wishes to you .

2. recommend1 profile image65
      recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess that English is your second language ?   if so then the wording may be deemed as substandard.  This is a stupid situation which reeks of hypocrisy on many occasions as native speakers can write far worse in terms of grammar and expression but that is ok !!!

Send me a chunk of your hub by email through my profile and I will check it for you and point out the common grammatical errors in it.  Just send a hundred words or so, if you want someone to edit the whole thing you can pay, I believe there are hubbers offering to do just that ?

enlight your soulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Yes English is my second language. If you do so I'll be very much thankful. I'll email it. Please let me know then I can make myself correct.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can make the corrections yourself, you mean. I hope that works out for you.

3. Shadesbreath profile image87
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm on vacation this week so have some time. If you copy your hub into an email to me, I'll look at it and see if it is an English/grammar issue for you.

4. enlight your soul profile image56

Thank you for your answer. I'm so hopeless. I thought I'll not write but I can't stop myself to write . Your answer show me a path. Thanks again.

2. mdlawyer profile image59
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

Your language is understandable, but there are some instances of grammar as well as spelling issues.  By strict quality standards, that may be an issue.  But there are many writers who write imperfect English if analysed grammatically.  May be they are using colloquial expressions having currency in their dialect.

It would be better if you type in a word document to solve the spelling issue (which is very minimal).  Also you can use the Chrome browser which will highlight spelling mistakes.

Also get the content checked by someone who knows grammatically good English. Alongside, empower your English grammatically. Cheers.

3. psf profile image80
    psfposted 6 years ago

I can also suggest you two online spell and grammar checking websites, which I found very useful. Apart from grammar it also checks wording style, vocabulary etc.

http://www.paperrater.com/free_paper_grader
    http://www.grammarly.com/

The second one is excellent, but paid service. They are offering free 7 day trial though.

Thanks for sharing very useful information. Thank you.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Psf, in case you do not know this: You have the option to edit your posts, as opposed to posting almost identical posts. Please delete one of them.

1. psf profile image80
      psfposted 6 years ago in reply to this

done.
      thanks for this. It happened accidentally as my browser was not responding for quite few seconds, then I hit the submit button again. Also I did couple of edit before submitting second time by thinking that the first submit was not went  through.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I understand, thanks.

working