jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Centre Alignment

1. Victoria Stephens profile image84
    Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago

I would love to have the ability to centre align text, rather than it having to be left all the time. 

I realise in some cases, people may over use it a little bit. But particularly for the sake of poetry and some other write ups, it would be very popular.  For eg, some poetry just looks nicer and more effective when its centre aligned.

Anyone else wish we had this on hubpages?

1. mskills profile image92
      mskillsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

While not an exact replacement for center alignment, the blockquote tag might dress your poetry up suitably enough.  Blockquote pushes text to the center of the screen and inserts a bit of white space into the margins.  Have you tried using it before?

Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks mskills. I haven't even heard of that before. I'll check it out. Thanks again.x

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

No I haven't ever needed it, but could see the benefit for poetry hubs. We have what we have and we have to live with it.

I wouldn't complain too loudly, you may find all hubs need amending, it's ok to whisper though.

Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No harm in discussing it, if it's requested enough then hubpages may consider it.x

working