jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

PMA Sues State of Illinois

1. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

http://performancemarketingassociation. … f-illinois

Performance Marketing has filed suit against the state of Illinois on behalf of the state's affiliate marketers.  As many Illinois affiliates know, the state passed the nexus law a few months back and since then many companies booted their Illinois affiliates.  Well, there is a glimmer of hope with this lawsuit and I'm hoping for the best since I've really taken a beating with my affiliate 'partners' over at Amazon and Ebay.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Interesting to know. Thank you Richard. smile

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

The bill was just passed into law here in Connecticut as well. Let's hope this lawsuit is successful. *fingers crossed*

4. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

Yes, it's a crazy law that attempts to expand the states reach on imposing sales tax and the outcome is an increased loss in state income tax since the affiliates that are affected lose the income that could be taxed.  Here in Illinois that amounts to $22 million roughly and at a time when our state budget has a huge shortfall.

1. Mikeydoes profile image78
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

22 million right now.. That amount should only increase yearly(even exponentially). One would think. Maybe I'm off the deep end.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

$22 million is roughly the amount of lost income tax.  Affiliates here in Illinois earned roughly $718 million last year from affiliate referrals.  That could be much higher since only 9000 or so claimed to be affiliates here and some of those were earning a hundred grand a month.  Now thats what I call a kick in the teeth.

1. Mikeydoes profile image78
          Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha, I made so much money off of my hubs with Amazon. I averaged $10 a day up until The Algo change. And I was just learning the basics and trying different types of hubs. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. I was getting ready to never have to work again. Still feel that way, but we'll see.

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

The bill was defeated here in Connecticut last year I believe. The Governor proposed it again, and every single financial analyst that works for the state told him NOT to push it through. Instead the bastard back-doored it in by sneaking it into the budget somewhere. Fool.

6. Danette Watt profile image89
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

I too live in Illinois and my sister is in North Carolina. Neither of us can earn anything from Amazon or eBay. Very frustrating.

7. Mikeydoes profile image78
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

Thanks for this, glad to hear this update(still an Illinois resident). Once again you deliver.

working