jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Google's share price falls after gmail hacking

1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago
    1. 0
      Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wish in some ways google would go bust.  It hasnt helped around here a lot since they released teh panda to eat profits.

2. BRIAN SLATER profile image84
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Izzy saw this earlier, it does make you think what the hell is google going to do next. I'm pretty sure this is not the first time gmail accounts have been hacked into.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, but they do seem to have a brilliant system in place to stop damage being done. twice in the past year I have found myself unable to log on to my gmail account, only to find that a hacking attempt had been made and that google had spotted it right away and frozen my account.

What I think is dangerous here is that those email accounts of politicians etc could well contain sensitive information and even though Google moved swiftly to stop the accounts, what was stolen in those first moments after the thieves accessed them?

You would just think that a company as big as Google would have cast iron security that it is impossible to breach.

Or maybe that doesn't exist in an online environment?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image84
          BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes your right Izzy, but cast iron security doesn't exist, which is why China is having 2/3/4th reservations about joining the internet.
          Just as an aside comment, 2 or 3 weeks ago my BT yahoo mail account got hacked, when Bt telephoned me they asked what security I had and I told them BT's own which is recommended. The guy told me to forget that and download McAfee as that was far better than anything BT could manage!!
          I did that straight away and got a refund!! Can you believe that.

Security is always at risk, I imagine google techies are jumping through hoops this morning. Bless

3. waynet profile image46
      waynetposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At least we have some balanced karma....Google bah!

working