jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

The + 1 button

1. 0
    4youreyesposted 5 years ago

Does anybody use the +1 button from Google Adsense ? It's supposed to allow users to recommend your content to friends and contacts on Google search. I found it on my Adsense account when I logged on tonight. I would like some more information on how well it works if any uses it. Thanks!

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I saw that too - and it said something about some code.  So far as I know we can't incorporate any code into our hubs. . . .but I suppose if you own a blog somewhere then it would certainly be to your benefit to use it.

2. stuff4you profile image45
      stuff4youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it has anything to do with Adsense in particular (other than its from the same company - google.)

I have not started using it yet. It sure has a stupid name.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

If you would like more information on it, then I would suggest you read Google Adsense message about it, which was sent to account holders via email. wink

1. 0
      4youreyesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was never sent a email.

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Then log into your Google Adsense account and locate the information on it. It should be readily available via a link on the right side(if you're using the newest version).

I am sure Google Adsense can give you more and better information than any hubber could.

2. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google has not only emailed account users, there is a message  in your AdSense account, at least one entry on Google's own blog, a formal press release was made to the media and several websites who cover SE developments have had discussions or articles post over the last few weeks.

Anyone who wants more info has multiple opportunities to educate themselves about what the feature is and how it works.

3. smanty profile image73
    smantyposted 5 years ago

I saw the +1 button too. I have not played with it yet, but I would assume that it helps Google figure out how to rank your page. If it is liked my many people it will probably be ranked higher on searches.

Just my opinion though smile

I think I will add it to my site in the next couple of weeks. I want to build a larger attraction to my site before I put a button on it.

4. 0
    4youreyesposted 5 years ago

Thanks !

5. workingmomwm profile image84
    workingmomwmposted 5 years ago

I saw this yesterday and wondered about it, too. I guess I'll just try using it on my blog, although no one really reads my blog, anyway.

6. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I was waiting for this since Google first said it was coming soon in one of their twitters. I took the code snippet and installed on a page in my business site. But the +1 button is not showing up. I tried placing the code in the header and before the end of the body. They said it works either way. But neither work. Or maybe I'm missing something. Reading their documentation, I remember seeing something that said people only see the button if they are logged into their Google account while browsing. But I was and I still didn't see it. Maybe it's broken right now since it's the first day. Time will tell.

7. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

I've been looking at the +1 button.  It's a little early to tell how Google is going to use it.  It seems like it may be necessary for them to have the same kind of community data that FB has with the "like" button.

8. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

are there any - (minus) buttons..or is there a negative for using this?
    I'm afraid of competitors abusing it if that's the case..like the vote down button..hmm