jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Lost CSS

1. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Yesterday the HubPages CSS vanished, and now I have Times Roman text on a white background with a very weird layout every time I visit HubPages.

The CSS address in the source code is http://x.hubpages.com/s/hp6325.css, and when I paste that into a browser I get a 404 error.

Refresh, CTRL-refresh and clearing the cache don't help.

Any suggestions?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Wow! Poor thing. This looks like something on your personal or Australian end. It is just fine over here in DC... are you getting 404 page from Hubpages?

3. Inspirepub profile image87

No, it's an upstream DNS server - it has filtered x.hubpages.com for some reason. Not hubpages.com, so the words still get through, but x.hubpages, so the style sheets get stripped out.

Interestingly, I can see profile photos beside the forum posts, so they must not be coming from the same place as the style sheet.

We are trying to block that DNS server from our end, and find another one, but it hasn't worked yet.

The offending DNS server is called "ScrubIt.com", apparently ... the HubPages kneecappers need to have a quiet word with them about their filtering criteria ...

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I bet they will big_smile

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Hmm, not sure what's going on with the DNS, but you could point x.hubpages.com to in your hosts file and that will let you bypass our content delivery network and get the style sheet directly from our main web server.

6. guidebaba profile image61
    guidebabaposted 8 years ago

Thats Cool. cool

7. Inspirepub profile image87

Thanks Paul.

We got around it in the end - deleted them from our list of DNS servers.

I don't know why they blacklisted x.hubpages.com, but we blacklisted them ... bwhahahahaha ... so there!

I still think we should send the boys around ... but at least I have my soothing grey backgrounds and everything where it belongs on the pages again.