jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Paradox Question 5

1. 0
    Mad Prophetposted 5 years ago

Unlike the last few questions, there is a right and wrong answer to this scenario I'm about to describe. Therefore, think very carefully about what you say, as I'll be back in a week to tell you if you're right or wrong, and what the outcome of your answer will bring.

Your sitting alone with you're lover under a beautiful moonlit sky.  You're both holding each others' hands as you both look up to the stars in the sky.  Not caring about anything else but that moment.  Then it happens.  A UFO flies down, and lands a good mile away from where you and your lover are sitting.  You both rush off to investigate after calling the local authorities on your cell phones.  As you approach the strange UFO, the door to the spaceship opens, and a alien walks out.  What do you do from here?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Which is it, am I alone, or with my lover?

How would we have noticed the UFO if we didn't care about anything else but "that moment?" So, at best, our love is not as all consuming as might be inferred by a careless reader.

Why would I call the local authorities?
      I'll buy the premise that we rush off, but, a mile? That's a long run. At best it would take us 8 to 12 minutes if we were really strong runners. Way longer if was like, the actual me.

I ask him not to probe my anus, right off, because I know they love that kind of thing and, frankly, I'm not a fan. After that, I'd welcome him to the planet and offer him a beer.

2. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"Is that Uranus?"

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

lol, call the local "rag=magazine" and sell the story! Make a killing from the story and TV appearances we would get from this.

Or...could call I.N.S. and have them deported! big_smile

3. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 5 years ago

First off, we are supposing that ufo's exist and that I am able to run a quick mile!  lol!  And then an alien steps out, for whatever reason....I'd tell the alien that he/she can only stick around if they go apply for financial aide, food card, housing, take another job away from the American people and get a green card that should go well with their little green suits!  Otherwise get back on their ride and head for Mexico!!  That should keep the little dude busy long enough for me to go home, pack up the family and head for Canada!.....If they'll let us in!

4. 0
    Mad Prophetposted 5 years ago

Okay, I've been gone for a while, so here's your answer.  Since you all were highly disrespectful to the alien, as his sole purpose on the planet was to observe you and see how far you've come in terms of social evolution, it turns out you all have demonstrated a total lack of respect for him.  Therefore, instead of offering to help cure your world of all incurable ailments and diseases; while spreading to you the knowledge of how to attain world peace by guiding us, he instead offers to blow up the planet, and you are all now dead.  congratulations for destroying your own world...

5. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

What was the paradox?