jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

New Follow Settings

1. Ari Lamstein profile image76
    Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago

We just released a few small changes which give Hubbers more control over the notifications that they receive. 

In the Hubs You Follow page there is a checkbox titled "By default, follow Hubs that I comment on".  This value determines whether or not the checkbox about following Hubs defaults to be checked when you leave a comment on a Hub.

Similarly, in the Questions You Follow page we now have added two checkboxes which allow you to choose the default follow behavior when you ask or answer a question. 

Previously we were storing these values in a cookie which expired in a week.  With this new system we will remember your preferences permanently.

Ari

1. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So now we will only receive e-mails on the hubs we commented on IF we select the box to follow?
      There are some I comment on, I might want to know if others comment and keep up with. There are some that I may not want to keep receiving e-mails on.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As I read it, it does not sound as if it has anything to do with e-mail notifications, but with the "Hubbers You Follow" list within Hub Pages on your "Activity" tab.
        It would seem that if you now check this new box to auto-follow a Hubber on whose article you left a comment, HP will track that for you and remember it permanently, adding that Hubber to your list of "Hubbers I Follow."  That has never generated any e-mails in the past.

I would guess that if you do wish an e-mail on the follow, that the 'email me if someone replies' box will remain for that (separate) purpose.

Cheers!

I have always received e-mails on hubs that I check the follow on with a comment. I am wondering if this will continue or if it has changed.

1. WryLilt profile image87
            WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it means that if you set the default to "on" the box will always be checked but you can uncheck it. If you set the default to "off" the box will always be unchecked but you can check it if you wish.

Now, that I like! Thanks WryLilt.

2. Ari Lamstein profile image76
              Ari Lamsteinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

WryLillt is correct.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
            DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm...I've never actually checked the box, because I can check back from the "Comments You Made" link under "Activity."

2. quicksand profile image83
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

I cannot upload pictures to my existing hubs. For the past few weeks this has been the case. Tried JPEG format. I doubt as to whether it could be a fault at this end as I've uploaded pix to other sites from my desktop during this period.

Help?  smile

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Different browser didn't work?

working