jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Difference In Users And Published Users

1. smanty profile image72
    smantyposted 5 years ago

I saw this page posted in one of the forum threads and read it over and noticed something that was disturbing. There are over 1,800,000 members on Hubpages, but only about 200,000 of those users are published. Does this annoy anyone else? Or is it just me?

On a side note, do people join Hubpages for the pleasure of reading the hubs and posting on the forums too, rather than actually writing hubs? I realized this could be the reason.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have never given any thought to the statistics until you brought it up. There have been several forum discussions about whether users without any published hubs should have restricted forum privileges.

The total number of forum posts is only about 1.5 times the number of accounts, so I don't think most of the unpublished Hubbers are active in the forums.

2. Lynn Ella profile image61
    Lynn Ellaposted 5 years ago

I'm new here and I am enjoying the site and not overly concerned about being published.  I like the forums and I read a lot of the Hubs just for fun and to get a feel for the opinions and ideas of others.

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

I think many people sign up thinking they have to do so to leave a comment on a hub.  I have several referrals that have posted one comment that way but nothing else and no other activity since signing up.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Most forums, sites, hosts etc have less than 1 participant for every 10 subscribers and the proportion gets even lower over time.  That's normal.

5. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

I know of many people joining the site thinking it is easy to earn money ..once they ask questions and find out that it is not what they expected, they have nothing to do with the site but their profile remains here.
    The back links are another reason for the profiles here.
    I think this is common on most sites.. or so i assume from what I have read elsewhere.