jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Author score and Hubkarma

1. shampa sadhya profile image85
    shampa sadhyaposted 5 years ago

I know that author score and hub score fluctuate but why does hub karma do so? The way I used to interact earlier I still do so. Even a day ago, level || commenter accolade has been conferred then how could hub karma decrease?
    If possible, help me to understand the point.
    Thanks in advance.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It shouldn't fluctuate, but it does from time to time. One reason may be that HubPages change their calculation about how many links are required to maintain a high core. Since the algorithm is not known, there is not much you can do expect to add links to other hubs whenever appropriate.

3. Adventure Colorad profile image88
    Adventure Coloradposted 5 years ago

I think it also depends on how often you have linked.  In my first few hubs I used the suggested link tool, which raised my karma up.  The more I wrote, the more I linked to my own hubs and other specific hubs that I felt fit my topics (often using referral links).  Since I have not been using the suggested links I saw my karma drop a little, but it has stayed at that level for some time now.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

There are lots of hubs being pulled off by the authors or unpublished .. so there may be links that are not valid anymore that may be one reason for hubkarma to go down. That anyways will show up as broken links.
    Hubkarma is something that you don't need to worry about..my hubkarma used to be around 90.. now I have brought it down to 60 - as I link only to my own hubs and don't link much to others hubs after people started pulling off their hubs.