jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is Trend Hunter a good alternative to HubPages?

1. andycool profile image68
    andycoolposted 5 years ago

With so many technical problems at frequent intervals and sinking visibility in Google search results I'm getting confused about the future of HubPages.

I'm developing my own site and looking for an equal or a better alternative to HubPages.

Do you have any idea of Trend Hunter? I joined TH a month ago but haven't started to publish yet. It seems it's a whole lot easier to publish on TH and you've to write on new trends within 150 - 200 words, that means 1 hub equals 5 trends or more. And they're claiming a trend can fetch you 1 to 5 dollars a month. They've sent me an email... excerpts from there:

"Greetings Trend Hunters!

Wall Street Journal as the Workplace of the Day - Today, Trend Hunter passed 500,000,000 views, and was featured in the Wall Street Journal as the Workplace of the Day... Check out their story: "An Office as Hip as Its Inhabitants". We hit our 500,000,000 view mark a bit earlier than expected, so my nostalgic memories will have to wait till next week, when we are planning more of a celebration."

What do you think fellow hubbers?

2. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 5 years ago

150 - 200 words sounds like a quick blurb that would not be picked up by Google. I am thinking that in order to gain traffic you would need something quite a bit longer.

andycoolposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think things have changed a whole lot... go to about.com or lovetoknow.com and you'll find less than 200 words articles with google ads... and they're still visible on Google's first pages!

And with the advent of mobile internet and video blogs who has the time to read a 750-800 word article except a few elderly people who love reading?

3. Ritsos profile image63
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

can only see one individual and small google ad though so can't see you'd make money off it somehow

4. Pamela N Red profile image92
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

I haven't noticed any problems. I'm often on the first page of Google searches so I'm not worried about HubPages.

The quality of your writing and keyword usage makes all the difference.

5. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I have never seen trendhunter in a result, their stats also seema  little bit off. http://www.quantcast.com/trendhunter.com

6. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

Always count on you for interesting info, Oli!

7. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

The one thing I would consider, whenever looking for a site to "switch" to, is this:

Have I ever seen it in Google SERPS?

I've never seen Trend Hunter.

Does it really matter anymore? Research, research and research.... the more research you do there is more chance you win. Things are changing fast these days.

Consider the following: TH is a part of Federated Media Network which owns 105, yes 105 sites. And your trends will not be limited in the TH magazine... just research and find it out. Let me help you with some relevant links:

http://www.quantcast.com/p-9dsZX-5zhUuTg

https://advertisers.federatedmedia.net/ … order=desc

http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-make-mone … rendhunter

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm doing my own research. According to my research the business model of Federated Media Network is completely different, I think they're in growth path. Wall Street always looks for growth.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
        Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Then I suggest setting up an accurate split test to run for a month and see what kind of results that shows.

Let us know the findings.

Yes Garrett Mickley, I've decided to go for it this entire month... I'll share my experience with you in this thread. Thanks! smile

working