jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

feed

1. em_saenz profile image78
    em_saenzposted 5 years ago

How do I use the feed and why?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This will help you understand all that you need to know about feed.. http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubtivity
      Welcome to HP and best wishes to you wink

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages.  Here's our policy on Adult content.

In general, writing about sexuality is allowed as long as it doesn't contain the following:

Sexually explicit writing, including descriptions of sexual acts or practices
      Nudity (including strategically covered nudity, see-through or sheer clothing, and close-ups of breasts, butts, or genitalia)
      Lewd or provocative images
      Images containing the URL of sites with adult content
      Inappropriate language including excessive profanity, or profanity in the Hub title
      Content on sexual aids, toys, or enhancements
      Fetish content or content with sexual intent
      Penis or Breast enlargement content or products
      Links to sites with any of the above

I hope that gives you a better understanding of what is allowed on HubPages.  big_smile Cheers!

2. em_saenz profile image78

Thanks, does it display publicly or privately?

Also, I am currently writing at Helium.com which does not allow "adult" type content. Does Hub pages have a similar policy?

1. sofs profile image87

Your feed displays your hubtivity or your activity on Hubpages.. so if you activity involves adult content it will display that  hmm
      You can select want you want to be displayed on your profile page.. Your feed be seen only when you are logged in .. by you smile
      Anyways Adult content is now under the scanner after the Google slap.. and HP may not have much.. I am not sure though...

3. em_saenz profile image78

Thanks for your help sofs.

I did not actually mean adult content on the feed, but adult content in writing. Specifically I want to write an article about homosexuality. From your reply I deduce that this will be OK on hub pages.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hubs on all sexual topics, including homosexuality, tend to run afoul AdSense policies. Ads may disabled, and in some cases the hub will be unpublished.

2. sofs profile image87

Oh yes, I am in agreement with WE,  you could have your hub flagged and moderated or may be even pulled down for Adult content. This may not be the place to write such stuff.. or so I think.

4. em_saenz profile image78

OK

5. Uninvited Writer profile image85
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

You can write about homosexuality as long as it doesn't contain graphic sexual content.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yet, words alone may trigger a filter.

working