jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I can't reduce my photos to half or quarter width

1. 0
    Frank Sanelloposted 5 years ago

Hub instructions say to move the right arrow to select half-width. That does NOT work. I also tried making the image smaller, and that made it MORE pixelated. I used to be able to select a half or quarter width by clicking on the down arrow next to FULL WIDTH, but that hasn't worked in about a week.

I've spent more time trying to fix the pix than writing the Hub! Please help!

Frank Sanello

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have that problem in IE.  I use Firefox if I want to do anything with pictures.  Or Chrome - but Chrome is really slow.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Wow, you find Chrome is slow? I'm the reverse - Firefox is slow whereas Chrome is quick hmm wierd huh? lol I usually have to enlarge pics tongue more to a semi-medium size or 16.5 kb size in my photo program and as a jpeg.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's strange.  I tried Chrome for a few days and gave up, because loading HubPages was appalling with frequent timeouts.  Now I know Google hates us but this was ridiculous.
      Whereas Firefox which seems almost amateur in appearance, loads quickly and works.
      I only use IE because I am used to it, habit and all that.  But HP did something which meant I couldn't adjust picture size.  I hate browsers and techies.

3. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

I gave up on IE years ago, but I did have problems for a while with Firefox mis-handling pictures and videos, so I started using Chrome. Firefox still refuses to run AdWords without errors so I use Chrome for that, both the Fox and Chrome work equally well for me here since their last updated versions.