jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Bye bye substandard hub .... and thanks for all the cash ...

1. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 5 years ago

I just decided to 'abandon' one particular hub.  It was nothing special, just a random scribbling from another perspective.

It sat there quietly doing..... well, quite frankly, not a lot.

Then came the Hubpages quality overhaul - and it took a hammering.  I did try to amend it.  I removed the (one) affiliate link, I removed ALL the ebay and Amazon capsules.  I went through all the comments deleting any that linked elsewhere, even if they were marked as spam.

It was as clean as a whistle.... but I couldn't get it republished because, quite frankly, it didn't pass muster smile

So, bye bye my substandard hub - for I never loved you anyway....

But I did run a quick Google report and it did quietly make me $50 over the four years it was published - which probably isn't a bad return on the 30 minutes that one took me to produce.

So bye bye .... but I still banked some cash.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

A sad story-- though you have seen the brighter side--  but can't you add more 'quality' and revive it?

1. earner profile image85
      earnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No.  It's one of those "banned subjects" where the article has to be of outstanding quality and information, so needs somebody better than me scribbling smile

3. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

nice to see a pragmatic approach on the forums-  self confessed not good enough- wish i could be as brave as you

4. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Honest, interesting and gutsy. I like this thread! smile

5. Anne Oddity profile image60
    Anne Oddityposted 5 years ago

I admire the meticulousness smile