jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

I just found a disturbing search term on on one of my hubs

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I found a very disturbing search term on one of my hubs under stats.
    A couple years ago I wrote a hub about the kidnapped girl Jaycee Lee Dugard, along with some other local kidnap victims stories.
    When I was looking at the stats of how people search (keywords) I found someone had searched these words:

"show me some pictures how little girls are kidnapped".

This just makes me sick. Anyway to track down pervs like this??
    It's just horrendous to think someone sick out there is trying to learn how to abduct little girls.

Sick. Just sick.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 5 years ago

I don't know what to say about this.  It is unthinkable.

3. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

God, that is scary, Dorsi.  I have no idea if you can track this-very dangerous-idiot, but hopefully someone does.

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Do you have Analytics set up? If so,there may be more information there. Where are the CyberAngels when you need them?

Oh good they are still around - email them and they may be able to help. http://www.cyberangels.org/

They are an organisation set up to track down pedophiles on the net. I did some of their training courses years ago but never completed them.

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
      K9keystrokesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Outstanding recommendation Izzy!  Pedophiles need to be hunted just like they hunt down their tiny victims.  CyberAngels rock!

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Like I said I am out of touch, but this organization, an offshoot of the Guardian Angels, used to train volunteers how to hunt down online pedophiles and anyone else who had intentions to harm children.
        To become a Cyber Angel, you had to complete a rigorous online training course, and also be able to produce a police certificate stating that you, yourself, were crime free.

I completed something like 70 of their 90 odd courses, but couldn't at that time find the money to pay for the certificate. AND of course their final courses would have been about tracking down IP addresses and such-like.

This must have been about 12 years ago, so I've no idea what direction they have taken since then, or even whether or not they still do this kind of work. I see from looking at their site, child safety online is still tops, so hopefully they will be able to help.

5. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Oh my God, that is so disturbing, I am now going to read your hubs to see what has drawn this evil doer to your hub.

6. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

This is just bothering me so much. I am going to contact those cyber angels, and yes I have analytics.

It just sickens me thinking someone has that on there mind and is actively looking for information to do something vile like hurting a kid. I'd love to track this perv down.

7. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I you looked at my search terms you would think I was the sickest person on the planet.  Because I am a researcher who studies abusive behavior and also a fiction author whose characters have committed various crimes.

You can't know for sure why anyone searches for anything.

1. Dorsi profile image90
      Dorsiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is true.I thought about that too - what if this is part of a research paper?
      And how could I use analytics to know who searched it - or could I even do that?

If I ended up in a perv website then I would know they were up to no good, ya know?

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually, you're right.  It could be cop doing research.  Or a psychologist.

8. theirishobserver. profile image58
    theirishobserver.posted 5 years ago

Never thought of that, research, I suppose a criminal does not need to search as he/she already knows sad

9. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Something I wondered about (although I don't think anyone ought to just take this "theory" for granted and write off the "perv theory") was whether it might be someone like a parent who wants to "scare" her kid into not walking alone (or something like that).  Some parents with some kids do some things that a lot of others wouldn't think to do.   hmm