jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)

Gosh, religion certainly is a predominating topic in the forums, huh?

1. Anne Oddity profile image61
    Anne Oddityposted 5 years ago

Not so much a question forum or anything, just a newbie making an observation smile

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to hubpages! I am on the opposing team! You will get to know me soon. smile This is a great place to write by the way. smile

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would be a solid observation and correct. smile

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

3. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Welcome aboard Anne:  smile:

Well, about 88% 0f humanity believes in god (whatever that is).
      Soooo...I would expect about the same percentage of forum topics would follow suit.

"There's a fool born every minute."

Qwark  smile:

2. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

If you go to 'edweirdo's forum filter', you can eliminate the religious posts-or any topics you'd rather not see-completely.  I don't look at the religious forum activity; it annoys me far to much. wink
    Well, maybe for a laugh or two-but I do so rarely.

Whereas I almost live there for the laughs! smile

1. lorlie6 profile image84
        lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well done, EH!  I don't know, on another browser I don't have the filter and saw the religious 'topics' and ran as fast as I could to get back to the other one with the filter!!!
        Other than that, I stay away from that sort of insanity! smile

Damn good idea I say Lorlie! I have been banned about 4  times now for expressing myself on the religious forums, and it is no joy to be mute on all forums for 4 months!

Still, I have seen two souls saved for my team since I got here, so I still try to make my case so to speak!

Mind you, I have some very nice religious friends here too such as our dear Habee, AEvans Habees good mate (but on my side of the fence) Randy the snake man likes to have a go too. We all get along fine because they are extremely tolerant of my foul attitude towards good religious peoples beliefs. lol

1. TMMason profile image73
            TMMasonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@ E- "and it is no joy to be mute on all forums for 4 months!"

I hear ya E. It really is not.

You've been banned before too TM? smile

I will try to act surprised if you were. smile

1. TMMason profile image73
                TMMasonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually I am surprised that you have been banned to the 4 month degree. smile I would have though a week or two at most bro... 4 months... I am damn proud of you E. smile

2. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

well it can be most amusing on there - plenty of fodder for my new blog

3. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

As a Christian myself, it's weird but I usually avoid those posts. Some of the questions are really weird.

I stupidly answered on 'If Jesus and Superman was in fight who would win', something like that. I felt like an idiot for answering that.

WARNING!! AVOID THE FORUMS ON RELIGION, THEY WILL EAT YOU ALIVE (please read very slowly and deliberately)

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

they're not for the faint-hearted.  I wrote a hub about my first impressions when I ventured in there.  I must be a glutton for punishment, because I went back!

4. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 5 years ago

I think this is because it reflects society at large.  Religion still matters to most people, with those who are prepared to die and to kill for their beliefs, and those who need to defend their right not to believe in a god.  Looking at the news, so much of it is dominated by religion, so it is only natural that people should want to talk about it online.

1. lizzieBoo profile image78
      lizzieBooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've just looked at the news: Nadal, Fifa, Gaddaffi, spending cuts, job cuts, Grande Prix, Hugh Heffner, weather...where's all the religion? I want my money back! hee hee

1. profile image0
        Muldanianmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't watched the news in some time.  In fact the last time I did, the headline concerned the fact that Henry VIII was considering moving away from the Church of Rome.  I'm not sure if he has done that yet.

1. lizzieBoo profile image78
          lizzieBooposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha, very good! Apparently had a change of heart. Soon to be beatified.

1. lorlie6 profile image84
            lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey there IzzieBoo-beatification is a beautiful thing...enjoy!

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago

I generally stay away from both the religion forum and the politics one on the basis that some people become so intense.  You can see the way the thread is unfolding that some are taking it far to seriously. I suppose with the religion forum that is how wars start. People can't agree on the differences between their views.sad

1. TamCor profile image79
      TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  I used to wander into the religious threads, but finally had to just stay away from them--I don't like being made fun of and talked down to by folks that I ordinarily would've gotten along fine with, in other threads.  I can't separate my feelings into compartments like some people do, and since I can't, I just have to stay away.

Politics, on the other hand, are just plain fun to get into sometimes...I don't take stands on either side--I'm more in the middle, so it's easier for me to understand both sides, I guess! smile

working