jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Finding out what channels apply to what hubs or blogs

1. alocsin profile image83
    alocsinposted 6 years ago

I created some AdSense channels some years back and have returned to HubPages in the past week or so.

How do I figure out which channels apply to what hubs or ads or blogs?  I don't remember anymore off the top of my head, and there doesn't seem to be a way to trace channels back to their sources from Adsense Reports.  Or is there?

Thanks.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I would suggest you go into your Google Adsense account, locate the "channels" you are using or have in place. Each channel should be listed according to the URL of that channel.

A channel is usually the URL of a hub and/or blog you have setup the channel for. wink

alocsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I should be more specific. I created custom channels with my own names, so they don't have the URLs listed. Is there any way to find out what URL is located with a specific custom channel?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why did you do that?  The URLs must be associated with the Custom Channel somewhere, otherwise Adsense can't track them.   

See if there's an option to 'edit'?

Yes, there is an option to edit.

But as I stated in my original message, I do not remember what these channels relate to any more, and they clearly are still related to the pages, since they are tracking something.

So, to re-state my original question, how do I find out what these custom channels relate to?

I just played around with custom channels and here's what I found.

Custom channels are designed to track specific ads which you have placed on your website.  They're not designed to track whole sites or pages, so it's likely the data you're getting doesn't mean anything anyway.

I suggest you either delete or ignore them and start again by adding your URL's in the right place.

You can get historical data by using your Analytics account instead.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

You can have a channel for every hub, article or blog post.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I assume these channels are for pages other than hubs, as you can't paste specific ad html in here?  You should be able to check the ad html and them see where you put those ads, that's the only way I know of.  URL channels are easier.

In order to check the ad html, I would have to go to the original ad on the original page. But since I don't know where that original ad is, I can't do that.

How many places have you posted ads?  If you go to your ads and view the code, does that help?

Quite a few, unfortunately, not only on hubpages but outside websites. I tried looking at a couple of the ads that might match, but could find nothing in the code. (Of course, I may have been looking at the wrong ads as well.)

You can't post Adsense ads on HubPages or any other revenue sharing site - they are created by the site owner, not you.

Can you explain how you think you posted them?

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

You should not be pasting ads on hubpages.  the reason most people use url channels for hubs is because it is the only system than can be used here where hubs have ad html already built in.

working