jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is a good amount of page views per day?

1. knslms profile image68
    knslmsposted 8 years ago

I know that this greatly depends on allot of different factors, but I don't even know where to begin. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

If you are talking about money, start with money. smile Average revenue on Hubpages is between 2 and 5 dollars per 1000 views. Match this to the revenue you need, and you have the traffic numbers that are good for you. smile

1. knslms profile image68
      knslmsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Is there anyway to project the amount of page views a hub will recieve, or should recieve?

1. darkside profile image85
        darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It will depend entirely on the popularity of a word.

Though the more 'popular' it is, the harder it is to break onto the first page of search engine results.

Less popular keyword searches, of which there are possibly hundreds of thousands, if not millions, tend to be by people who honestly want to find out more about the subject that they're interested in. And if you've got original content, and you've added some useful products (via the Amazon or Ebay capsules) you could stand to make a sale or two. And also clicks on the accompanying contextual ads because it may be promising a solution to their problem.

Even if you're only getting 15 visitors a day, it could be an outstanding success. And you can do this by writing about what you know.

On the other hand you could research a hot keyword and publish a page and if you do manage to rank highly and get a lot of traffic the majority of that traffic could just be other people, just like you, who are only on your page because they want to use your information to publish a page because it's a hot keyword.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Ever heard about keyword research? It's the only way. Not that it will give you any exact numbers though...

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

There is no "should" with hubbing.  Think about what you, personally, are trying to achieve and then set a goal for yourself.  Do you want to make a dollar a day?  $100 a month?  Get 100 hits a day?  Get 100 hits from outside sources a day?  Get 100 fans?

Different people hub for different reasons, and find satisfaction in different stats.  Figure out what would make you feel validated, and then work towards it.

1. DJ Funktual profile image86
      DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Said it so perfectly didn't she?  (hearts float through the air above my avatar)

5. knslms profile image68
    knslmsposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the help guys! I'm trying to judge how well or unwell I am doing so far, and where I can improve. I guess the amount of page views I am recieving isn't what I should be using to grade myself.