jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

The Good Side of Hubpages.

1. SaMcNutt profile image61
    SaMcNuttposted 6 years ago

I am posting a link to this hub from writerDavidas an example of the amazing community of writer's there are on Hubpages. I read a lot of comments about the hubs and hubbers that bring the site down but, for the most part I am amazed at the quality and content of many hubbers.

Here is one example: a treasure we might not otherwise have access to. Enjoy!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Letters-Home-fr … ion-Part-I

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am very critical of Hubpages and a lot of the poor standard hubs that I see, that also appear to be within even the new TOS !  I am critical of the way Hubpages management have handled recent problems by making them worse before they will ever be better -  BUT I am happy to agree that there are also many fabulous hubs here, loads of well written articles that are really interesting and well researched, and considerable real talent.

SaMcNuttposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am glad to agree. Sometimes I feel the need to celebrate the positive. The reason I posted the link for the above hub is the fact that the author is using personal letters written by his uncle when he was stationed in WWII. Even though there are a lot of resources like that, it is something still amazing and personal to be shared on Hubpages. That is worth celebrating!

Cheers and thank you for the comment!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
          Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad to see someone celebrating the positive.
          I love the format and the 'user friendliness' of the HubPage format. I am very pleased to have the opportunites they offer.

They do offer the opportunity which, is key. I think the unfortunate side is the abuse some people make of that offer which frustrates many but, on the other hand the opinions and offerings like the hub mentioned above is an amazing benefit. All the connections we make are priceless.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Okay, if you say so. lol smile

I know, i know. smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

tongue smile Nice to see you in the forums, as always. smile big_smile Hope you're well. smile

I am. Getting back into the swing of things. You are like the king of the Forums. It is always great to see you here because, that atleast means Hubpages remains somewhat stable.

wink

1. Cagsil profile image61
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am glad to hear it. smile
            That's good too.
            I wouldn't go that far. lol
            I am not sure what my presence has to do with the stability of HP, but things continue as they are presently, then leaving will become the only option available. hmm But, thank you for your kind words. smile

I really hope it doesn't come to that. Though I think the more support we show for each other, or rather the good writers on this hub then maybe the bad hubbers will be weeded out. I guess that's why I started this forum, for that reason. I am not a forum starter but, I like sharing the good writing vibe.

Keep writing.

3. kenneth avery profile image80
    kenneth averyposted 6 years ago

Fantastic. A self-supporting web community. HubPages and hubbers from all over creation. Marvelous to sit down and read some of the absolute BEST creative writing and comments onthe planet. I am from the deep south and at this point, am wondering whether there are people from my part of the United States or too ashamed of their geographic locale. Im not. In the south is where I get most of my story ideas. Long life Hubpages and Hubbers!

It seems I have read something from someone in the South. writerDavid might be from Mobile, AL, not sure though. Write on!

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Nice article,glad that you took the time and were unselfish enough to let us know about it.

It was good wasn't? writerDavid mentioned that the letters begin to get darker the deeper into the war his Uncle goes. It will be a very interesting series.

working